Roof rack help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof rack help

Gidday, I got a roof rack with my truck, but unfortunatly it doesn't fit. The bar widt is fine and the rubber feet sit correctly, but the hooky bits that are meant to sit in the door frame stick out too much. I did wonder if I could mod them to fit, but would like to know what they are meant to look like. Could any one with roof bars and a digital camera take a couple of pics of the fittings and mail them to me?

Many Thanks

Kiwi

Roof Rack

Snag is, the Surf is parked on the docks and I haven't managed to get to it yet!
    Last edited by wibblywobbly; 17 November 2003, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi
      Gidday, I got a roof rack with my truck, but unfortunatly it doesn't fit. The bar widt is fine and the rubber feet sit correctly, but the hooky bits that are meant to sit in the door frame stick out too much. I did wonder if I could mod them to fit, but would like to know what they are meant to look like. Could any one with roof bars and a digital camera take a couple of pics of the fittings and mail them to me?

Many Thanks

Kiwi

Hi Kiwi,

Is the bar a Toyota one oe something like a Thule?

Rich.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi

Many Thanks

Kiwi
        Here's the Thule ones anyway.

Rich.
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Thanks guys, that explains my problem. Hooky bits are too long. Instead of just sliding into the top of the door frame, they come all the way down into the cabin - no mod possible I reckon. They are made by a company called Maui - never heard of them.

Cheers

Kiwi

Comment

Working...
          X