Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

Always had BF All Terrains on my Hi-lux pick-ups and always bin happy apart from when u get near mud and seemed to have good grip in the wet too.
    But my Surf has Bridgestone 'Winter Duelers' on and maybe its me but they spin up easily (especially bad in the wet!!!) and not inspiring under hard braking.
    Anyone had em???
    Any ideas on pressures, co's maybe thats the prob??
    [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Originally posted by FG.
    Always had BF All Terrains on my Hi-lux pick-ups and always bin happy apart from when u get near mud and seemed to have good grip in the wet too.
    But my Surf has Bridgestone 'Winter Duelers' on and maybe its me but they spin up easily (especially bad in the wet!!!) and not inspiring under hard braking.
    Anyone had em???
    The average pressure seems to be 33psi. The recommendation is 28psi but most of the people I have talked to about it agree that this is a bit low and the AT's tend to squeel a bit at 28.

As for the BFG A/T's had no problem with them in the mud at the pit yesterday!

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Me too run 33psi BFG AT's good on road no noise and more than happy with them off road, just look at the pics from the recent pit trip.
      Thanks
      Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Got BF AT's on mine and they spin up great in the wet, can do it in the dry as well if I really try
        john
        [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
        [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

So nobody has these Brigstones then ?

The reason I ask is co's the Bridgestones on my truck are 1/2 worn and ive been offered a brand new set of Bridgestones on Surf alloys for £200.......
          ....thinking of buying them sell the lot and get another set of BF's
          [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Admin
            Me too run 33psi BFG AT's good on road no noise and more than happy with them off road, just look at the pics from the recent pit trip.
            Ditto - exactly same experience with my BFG A/T's
            Last edited by Linda; 17 November 2003, 18:12.
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

i've got winder duellers too!!... yep they spin up easy!
              taken me by surprise once or twice!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Whatever you do DON'T get Dunlop Grandtrek,they are LETHAL on wet roads.
                Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
                  Whatever you do DON'T get Dunlop Grandtrek,they are LETHAL on wet roads.
                  Which Grandtreks are you talking about ? I have Grandtrek PT1's on mine and they are by far the best I have used, stick to the road like glue and never twitch.
                  Regards
                  Keith
                  I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by FG.
                    Anyone had em???
                    Had Winter Duellers on mine when I got it and they are the worst tyres I've had in 25 years on the road. I never knew tyres could wear so quickly. As for grip, forget it. After a scary moment at a mini roundabout, when I was doing only about 20mph, with the wife and 3 kids in, I decided enough was enough and bought Michelins, which stick like glue in the wet.
                    Lets face it a 2 ton 2.4 Surf auto should NOT wheelspin!! It could spin on a dry road with Winter Duellers. My advice to anyone with these tyres on is simple. Get rid of them, they are dangerous on our roads. Oh, and they are crap off road too.
                    Pete

Comment

I have just taken the Duelers off mine and put a set of road tyres on (I think they were supposed to be 75%road use 25% off road). It has stopped all of the spinning at the lights and sliding on the corners.2 of the Duelers were still ok so I am looking out for some battered rims to put them on for off road. In the mean time a couple of hundred spent has made the Surf safer for the wet winter roads. the new ones are General XP 2000 by the way, and they seem good value for money.

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                        Had Winter Duellers on mine when I got it and they are the worst tyres I've had in 25 years on the road. I never knew tyres could wear so quickly. As for grip, forget it. After a scary moment at a mini roundabout, when I was doing only about 20mph, with the wife and 3 kids in, I decided enough was enough and bought Michelins, which stick like glue in the wet.
                        Lets face it a 2 ton 2.4 Surf auto should NOT wheelspin!! It could spin on a dry road with Winter Duellers. My advice to anyone with these tyres on is simple. Get rid of them, they are dangerous on our roads. Oh, and they are crap off road too.
                        Pete
                        i can wheelspin in a artic unit they can weigh 9 tonnes...
                        drive carefully and you'll never have a problem.

didn't have much trouble at the pit with them on either...
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
                          Which Grandtreks are you talking about ? I have Grandtrek PT1's on mine and they are by far the best I have used, stick to the road like glue and never twitch.
                          Regards
                          Keith
                          SJ12s(I think,I'll double check tomorrow)