X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate problem

got a small shunt up the backend(steady) the other day
    got out to have a look and everything seemed ok
    the merc that hit me had a nice dent in his grill off my tow bar but mine looed fine
    he appologised and that was that
    the next day i wound my rear window down only to fine it was catching on some thing
    seems like the bump had pushed on the rear wheel carrier and sunk in the door a little bit
    now im going to have to get inside the tailgate panel and try and push it out a bit
    any comments would be appreiciated
    i have read about getting a friend to help hold the window but will this give me access to the door skin so a little pushing could take place
    cheers carl
    Baner

Probably easiest to do it with the tailgate closed, and you sat in the boot.

The carpetted trim should just pull off. There will then be a black metal plate that you need to unscrew and remove, and behind that should be a polythene sheet which just pulls off. You then have access to the inside of the tailgate. Get a torch, and have someone wind the window down while you look for where it sticks. Hopefully it won't be obscured too much by the winding mechanism.

Good luck.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
      Probably easiest to do it with the tailgate closed, and you sat in the boot.

The carpetted trim should just pull off. There will then be a black metal plate that you need to unscrew and remove, and behind that should be a polythene sheet which just pulls off. You then have access to the inside of the tailgate. Get a torch, and have someone wind the window down while you look for where it sticks. Hopefully it won't be obscured too much by the winding mechanism.

Good luck.
      good idea never thought of doing it with the tailgate up
      oh well wish me luck
      Baner

Comment

Originally posted by baner
        got a small shunt up the backend(steady) the other day
        got out to have a look and everything seemed ok
        the merc that hit me had a nice dent in his grill off my tow bar but mine looed fine
        he appologised and that was that
        the next day i wound my rear window down only to fine it was catching on some thing
        seems like the bump had pushed on the rear wheel carrier and sunk in the door a little bit
        now im going to have to get inside the tailgate panel and try and push it out a bit
        any comments would be appreiciated
        i have read about getting a friend to help hold the window but will this give me access to the door skin so a little pushing could take place
        cheers carl
        follow this link mate will tell you everything you need to know
        http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
          follow this link mate will tell you everything you need to know
          http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm
          thanks jedi
          all done and i greased it all up while i was in there
          works a treat now
          Baner

Comment