Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Another Surf.............

Hello Folks,

Having written off my first surf (pride and joy) on black ice in February, it now looks like I might be getting another . It's a 1996 SSR-X KZN185 model. I've attached a link (if it works) so that if you feel inclined, you can have a look and comment on what might be my next beastie.

Anything I should be specifically looking for on this model ?

http://www.dynamicautoimports.com/Ve...asp?Veh=WM7560

Look forward to hearing from anyone that's interested.

Bye for now

Wack

Originally posted by Wack
    Hello Folks,

Having written off my first surf (pride and joy) on black ice in February, it now looks like I might be getting another . It's a 1996 SSR-X KZN185 model. I've attached a link (if it works) so that if you feel inclined, you can have a look and comment on what might be my next beastie.

Bye for now

Wack

Yeh, look for the envious looks from 2nd Gen owners when you cruise past ! hahaha only joking

Not much really to go wrong, insist on new tyres if the old ones are cracking, check 4wd works and all electrics including overhead compass barometer inclinometer etc. just your usual stuff really.

Andy

Comment

NICE
      i too on the lookout for a 3.0LTR surf
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Hello Folks,

Bye for now

Wack
        Looks very smart - and seems like a good price from a dealer.
        Ask to see the Japanese auction site documentation - it will obviously be in Japanese but the numbers should tally. You will also be able to check what grade it was when it was in the auction.
        We bought a 3rd Gen about this time last year and have been really pleased with it.
        Enjoy!!
        Keith

Comment

Hello Folks,

Bye for now

Wack
          Only thing that I'd be looking for is whether or not there will be enough space for the massive grin that you'll be wearing!!

Awesome looking car m8.

Rob
          Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Thanks Folks !!

Thanks for the advice folks, just thought you all might also like to know that I've been driving round in a 2.8 Pajero Limited Edition for the last 3 months, and that's why I'm going to get another Surf. Nowhere near as much grunt as the Surf, and what a weird auto box it's got, don't change when you think it will, and does when you least expect it !

As one or two of you advised, the Surf is a far better truck.

See ya'

Wack

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
              Yeh, look for the envious looks from 2nd Gen owners when you cruise past ! hahaha only joking

Not much really to go wrong, insist on new tyres if the old ones are cracking, check 4wd works and all electrics including overhead compass barometer inclinometer etc. just your usual stuff really.

Andy
              Never mind the if, replace em.

And look to getting a UK radio

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
              X