Ebay advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay advise

I have been watching and bidding on a item on Ebay, and the thing is that the seller has withdrawn the item once because it has not reached a good price, although he has not put a reserve on it he does have a buy it now price.

1st Listing : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The item was relisted with exactly the same description and price structure, so I bid on it, and this morning I received an email saying that my bid had been cancelled, but the item is still going so I bid again, and guess what he's cancelled my bid again.

2nd listing : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

So can anybody tell me if this against ebay rules, and can I do anything about it.

Originally posted by andy

I have been watching and bidding on a item on Ebay, and the thing is that the seller has withdrawn the item once because it has not reached a good price, although he has not put a reserve on it he does have a buy it now price.

1st Listing : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The item was relisted with exactly the same description and price structure, so I bid on it, and this morning I received an email saying that my bid had been cancelled, but the item is still going so I bid again, and guess what he's cancelled my bid again.

2nd listing : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

So can anybody tell me if this against ebay rules, and can I do anything about it.

Iv'e just put £2 bid on and I'm the highest bidder , lets see what happens only 3 something hours to go.
    Its yours if I win it.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Cheer Paul.

I did ask him why he withdrew the item and this was his response: Hi,

Thanks for your query.
      We had to wihdraw the item last time as auction price was very low indeed, we're looking to cover our costs with this item and to do that we have a guide of £65-80 on it.

Please inform us if you require any further information.

Regards

MicroGear World

Comment

Cheer Paul.

I did ask him why he withdrew the item and this was his response: Hi,

Thanks for your query.
        We had to wihdraw the item last time as auction price was very low indeed, we're looking to cover our costs with this item and to do that we have a guide of £65-80 on it.

Please inform us if you require any further information.

Regards

MicroGear World
        Be interesting to see if he sells it at the end of the auction - no reserve or anything so in theory he should sell. If not loads of negative feedback should be left.....

Comment

That sort of behaviour is deffo against the rules and you have a clear case to complain - the evidence is there (the two auctions), your cancelled bids and the email from them.

If they won't sell below a certain price then they should either start the bidding at that price or set a reserve. There is no excuse for that sort of behaviour and I would certainly report the sales to ebay. It can be a bit hit and miss if you get anywhere with ebay complaints or not but if you don't get anywhere I would just keep reporting the seller until you get a human response from ebay.
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

As far as I am aware if there is no reserve then it sells for the final bid price regardless if theres a buy it now price.
            Bought something last year, had a buy it now of £30 and I bid and got it for £14.00. I also was bidding on a truck, was highest bidder (at a steal price I might add) with 5 mins to go it was withdrawn. Two days later it was back on with a reserve (no reserve previous) told a mate about it and said it was out of order and I should have informed ebay.
            With you having a mail to back the theory up I would complain, their fault for having no reserve.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

I had a similar situation - my (highest) bid was obviously not high enough for the seller so he got his brother to bid it up, but he over-did it and won the bid. Then the seller approached me to offer to re-list with a buy-it-now, but the prat had his surname on the email that matched the winning bidders username!

I reported it to ebay and they said they only gave the guy a warning, but I gave him some bad feedback and before long both the seller and his brother cancelled their accounts which made me feel a bit better as they lost 150 positive feedbacks.

Only trouble is now I have 1 bad feedback from that seller.
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Well, it's now at £5.50 and I am the high bidder - if I win it Andy it's yours...

Comment

I see Humero is bidding on it, have warned him about the seller.

Trev

oops never saw that post above when I typed this
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by humero
                    Well, it's now at £5.50 and I am the high bidder - if I win it Andy it's yours...
                    Bugger, never saw that when I emailed you - sorry m8

Trev (another in the Andy fan club)
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Ok I have reported this to ebay so will see what they say, wont hold my breath waiting for them to do something.

The thing is that I dont need the GPS bit as I have a bluetooth one, but as it was going at the very keen price, and all the other powered speaker mounts are going at £20+ I thought that it would do for what I wanted.

Please do not bid any more for this item, anyway he will cancel all bids near the end.

Cheers Guy's.

Comment

All bids have been cancelled !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok I have reported this to ebay so will see what they say, wont hold my breath waiting for them to do something.

The thing is that I dont need the GPS bit as I have a bluetooth one, but as it was going at the very keen price, and all the other powered speaker mounts are going at £20+ I thought that it would do for what I wanted.

Please do not bid any more for this item, anyway he will cancel all bids near the end.

Cheers Guy's.
                          Exactly right - bid cancelled at 20:04:20BST. Reason - Item broken...BUT it has been relisted under the same number

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5786400732

With and end time of Ends 06-Jul-05 21:22:00 BST.

Buy it now £79.99 But no reserve so as soon as someone puts a bid in of £0.99 (starting price) the buy it now will disappear and he should sell it - the guy hasn't got a clue...Just checked and somebody has bid so no more buy it now.. I will be reporting him to ebay

Comment

Next instalment..
                            emailed him to ask why my bid had been cancelld..

Can you tell me why you cancelled my bid? If the item is broken (as stated in the reason) why has it been relisted?

Cheers

Got this reply

its not the same item that heas been relisted

SO....went back onto ebay and noticed that an £11.00 bid placed at 20.31 had been cancelled at 20.34 ..

Sent this email..

OK.

I’ve just gone back into ebay to bid again and noticed that somebody has had a bid of £11.00 cancelled at 20:34 after placing the bid at 20.31 for the same reason..

What’s going on? Is this item available or not?

CHeers

and got this reply....

as i have said before the item is not available as it is damaged and not good to anyone. I can't end the listing because of the time left is less than 12 hours. I don't anyone to bid on it, so that it ends unsold to avoid all complications, hence sitting here cancelling all bids.

I don't think he has a clue what he is doing - can't be bothered to argue with him anymore.....

Comment

I bet if someone hit the buy it now button it would be a different story, not that I would pay that sort of price.

Comment

Working...
                              X