diesel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel consumption

IS japanese diesel different to ours? i recently collected my new import 3.0 ltr ssrx ltd. as expected it was virtually bone dry of diesel so the first stop was for fuel, managed to get £48 in her. 373kms later it was time to fill up again, got £45 in this time, dont like to run her too low. for my £45 worth i did about 60% motorway driving but did not go over 70 mph and the other 40% was done around town. this works out to 20.6 mpg. this is not good. on its second tank of fuel it seems to be doing abit better (so far) hav'nt run out yet. is this normal? has any one else had a similar experiance?
    Paul

i have............might get injectors refurbed
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by toy231
      IS japanese diesel different to ours? i recently collected my new import 3.0 ltr ssrx ltd. as expected it was virtually bone dry of diesel so the first stop was for fuel, managed to get £48 in her. 373kms later it was time to fill up again, got £45 in this time, dont like to run her too low. for my £45 worth i did about 60% motorway driving but did not go over 70 mph and the other 40% was done around town. this works out to 20.6 mpg. this is not good. on its second tank of fuel it seems to be doing abit better (so far) hav'nt run out yet. is this normal? has any one else had a similar experiance?
      Been keeping a record of my mpg since August last year and, in a 3.0L TD SSR-X Manual, am averaging over 25mpg. I chucked in some Wynns injector cleaner recently and seems to be going further on a fill up since then.

Ken
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

jap diesel

Originally posted by The Kid
        Been keeping a record of my mpg since August last year and, in a 3.0L TD SSR-X Manual, am averaging over 25mpg. I chucked in some Wynns injector cleaner recently and seems to be going further on a fill up since then.

Ken
        thanks. i'll try some.
        Paul

Comment

I have a leaky injector and was getting about 20 mpg. Its a bit better since I fitted a heated fuel cat, but before I had the leak I got 24-25mpg.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

When I got mine the fuel consumption was less than wonderful - less than 300km per tank - OK some of that was due to the grin factor kicking in BIG but ........

Anyway had a full on service done and the fuel consumption plummeted - I'm now looking at 30mpg - unless herself uses it for the shopping run .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

When I got mine the fuel consumption was less than wonderful - less than 300km per tank - OK some of that was due to the grin factor kicking in BIG but ........

Anyway had a full on service done and the fuel consumption plummeted - I'm now looking at 30mpg - unless herself uses it for the shopping run .....

Had my 3.0L SSRX LTD since strat of May and am only averaging about 19-21MPG, slightly less than I was expecting but what the heck it's a great car to drive and I love it....I'll be putting some redex or similar in at the next fill up to see if that helps at all.

Comment

try moving the seat back a bit
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                X