X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

hi all im a newbie here just thought i would introduce my self
    well im in derby been green laning a few times with mates in there landys
    got bitten by the bug now so i got rid of my car in a three way swop and ended up with a suzuki vitara hmmm its too nice to get dirty and its not deisel in fact its not what i would like so im selling it its a k reg in very very good condition i have pictures and all that if anyone is intrested im looking for a swop for an old hilux pick-up with t+t on it as the vitara is my only way of getting to work would consider alternatives like a fourtrak or an old series three landy if anyone is interested in a nice 4x4 with lots of potential in great condition email me on scotana@ntlworld.com or make me a sensible offer i will send pictures and info

If you want something just for laning then the landy cant be beat, for no other reason than the bits that get broke are pennies. Lights & indicators under £3 etc etc. Bust a light on a hilux & I bet you wont get much change out of £50.
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
      If you want something just for laning then the landy cant be beat, for no other reason than the bits that get broke are pennies. Lights & indicators under £3 etc etc. Bust a light on a hilux & I bet you wont get much change out of £50.
      just for your laner you can bolt on the same type of lights as a landy... use a cluster off a trailer... nice and cheap!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        just for your laner you can bolt on the same type of lights as a landy... use a cluster off a trailer... nice and cheap!

Good idea, never thought of that. On the other hand (with the landy) what you save on the parts you pay to the osteopath!
        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

go for a defender with coil springs!... the good thing with a landy is if you dent it you just need to rivit it back together or screw a bit of wood on!

Comment

so has anyone took a pick-up off roading following a landy
            would prefer something like a fourtrak because of the power stearing etc a hilux pick-up would be cool ive always liked them and they tend to be good for most of the stuff we do but to be honest i have to sell the vitara first then that will be the funds for the next motor
            i've seen a fourtrack for £990 the tdx model 12 months mot but no tax and i' watching the forsale section on this bb realy need it to be local though i traveled all the way up to keighley to look at a landy but it turned out to be a rot box from derby was going to swop

Comment

i followed a std leaf sprung series around a track... it was rubbish... bottomed out on everything... they thought they were the dogs bits but got peed off when i just drover straight over stuff.
              i've only ever had trounble with the rear overhang and scooped up loads of dirt with the back bumper.

Comment

there was a cool one on ebay a while ago that had been lifted 8" and bobtailed it was smart went for a good price too i think

Comment

has bob sold that pick up of his?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X