Original Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Wheels

I have a 1995 4runner that I am fitting out to take to africa. It has been fitted with fancy aftermarket alloys. Any idea where I can obtain original wheels as I want at least 3 spares , Total 7, Thanks

probably get 7 if you ask "Hilux" (bob) "TonyN" (tony) and chris, but i haven't seen him about for ages!

Ebay is always elling them too.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

What size wheels do you have 15 or 16 inch.

Comment

If you're off to Africa don't bother with alloys, go for steel LandCruiser rims (16") it's what most of the safari & tour operators use in Southern and Eastern Africa.

Pop in for a beer when you get to Nairobi.

Go well,
        Last edited by bundubasher; 5 July 2005, 17:06. Reason: typo
        @africa4x4cafe
        [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

You should be able to get a set of 15" steel rims for about £50 a set of 4. www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com do them, but they're not listed on the site so you may need to phone them. You can then sell your alloys and probably cover the cost easily enough.

P.S. You may also need a set of nuts, it depends if you currently have the standard ones that the Surf has. However you may well have different ones for the alloys.
          Last edited by Slugsie; 5 July 2005, 22:09.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
            If you're off to Africa don't bother with alloys, go for steel LandCruiser rims (16") it's what most of the safari & tour operators use in Southern and Eastern Africa.

Pop in for a beer when you get to Nairobi.

Go well,
            Thanks for advise I had already read your site and found it very useful thanks.
            I actually work in Mtwara in southern Tanz next to Mozambique, no safari operators down here yet!! I will ask if 15 or 16 inch tyres are easier to get. Usually whatever is fitted on the standard surf or hi lux is easier. I would like 16 if poss for the slight increase in ground clearance
            Your notes on kenyan carnet helpful as i may ship into monbassa and drive from there.
            Thanks again
            Brian Currie www.mikindani.com

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              What size wheels do you have 15 or 16 inch.

At the moment 15 inch alloys with TSW on the hub. Thinking of fitting whatever was original as that will be easier to obtain in Tanzania

Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=Slugsie]You should be able to get a set of 15" steel rims for about £50 a set of 4. www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com do them, but they're not listed on the site so you may need to phone them. You can then sell your alloys and probably cover the cost easily enough.

P.S. You may also need a set of nuts, it depends if you currently have the standard ones that the Surf has. However you may well have different ones for the alloys.[/Q

Thanks for the help . brian

Comment

Working...
                X