This could be expensive!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could be expensive!!!

I was planning to use my boat tommorrow which meant lowing it down a slope in to the river .This slope is quite steep so i thought i had better check the 4 wheel drive . Shock and horror it sint working ,so i take the gear knob off to check the wiring and find a wire has come off.What was more worrying is that when i connected it back up it showed that the car was in 4wheel drive already.

It worked fine after i had reconnected the wire ,but want to know if i have done any permanent damage or should i get it checked out????

cheers

Mike
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

If its not making any odd noises, you'll probably be OK, but you may new CV's sooner than normal!

If you would have broken anything, you'll have known about it by the truck complaining.

Could have been that the wire was just off, normally switches are wired normally open in case of faults or broken wires. Maybe the switch was just pressed from when you tried it, or get pressed accidentally when you took it off.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks tony

I was having kittens when i found it.
      The truck drives ok in fact better now i have reconnected it.

As for the cvs are they expensive to do??????? and would you have time ???? As i understand it you are going on hols and i think i will need to have them done by xmas

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
        so i take the gear knob off to check the wiring and find a wire has come off.What was more worrying is that when i connected it back up it showed that the car was in 4wheel drive already.cheers
        Mike
        Don't worry.If the wire was disconnected it can't be in 4WD.As Tony says,you probably switched it on when you were playing with it or if it was allready in on position then the disconnected wire would cause it to be as if switch was in off position.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Don't worry.If the wire was disconnected it can't be in 4WD.As Tony says,you probably switched it on when you were playing with it or if it was allready in on position then the disconnected wire would cause it to be as if switch was in off position.

Neville
          Plus if it was in 4wd you would have posted on here that it drove like a dog on the road and broke your arms evry time you tried to revers into a parking space or turn a corner.

Comment

Plus as far as I know, if the 4WD light on the dash isnt on theres only two options, the bulb is gone or its not in 4WD.

Comment

Ok so im a complete duffer when it comes to this stuff but i am learning.

I put a temp switch on and it does seem to drive smoother.

Comment

Working...
              X