Spotted 4 Runner on "V" Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted 4 Runner on "V" Plate

Spotted today on way to work V Reg 4 Runner on back of car transporter presumably going to some dealers forecourt.

It looked nothing like any Surf model......didn't get chance to catch detailing on rear regarding model spec etc..........anyone got any ideas?????

V reg is 99 isn't it? Then it can only be a 3rd gen....shouldn't look much different from ours, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
      Spotted today on way to work V Reg 4 Runner on back of car transporter presumably going to some dealers forecourt.

It looked nothing like any Surf model......didn't get chance to catch detailing on rear regarding model spec etc..........anyone got any ideas?????
      It may be an american one. I think that they are on the 4th gen, or did some radical re-styling of the 3rd gen. They may have also abandoned the chasis to go for more car-like handling, but i'm not sure about that. I didn't like it when i saw it...

Comment

Originally posted by turbotommy
        It may be an american one. I think that they are on the 4th gen, or did some radical re-styling of the 3rd gen. They may have also abandoned the chasis to go for more car-like handling, but i'm not sure about that. I didn't like it when i saw it...
        American/Jap 4Runner/Surf didn't go 4th Gen till 2002. The styling on 4Runners (US/Nato etc) is essentially the same as on any Surf, year for year, barring minor differences such as rear wheel carrier and spoilers etc.
        Last edited by Morr; 30 June 2005, 13:23.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
        X