water and coolant level please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water and coolant level please

hi , burst a hose and lost the lot ,, can you please let me no how much of each please ... bin throu the forum an its doin me head in now... ps what coolant.... nice one chaps keep up the good work......perky

Originally posted by neo
    hi , burst a hose and lost the lot ,, can you please let me no how much of each please ... bin throu the forum an its doin me head in now... ps what coolant.... nice one chaps keep up the good work......perky
    Do a 50/50 mix of Water and Coolant,(But I have done a 40/60 mix. 40% Coolant to 60% Water) total fluid level is normaly about 9 litres but some take up to 10 litres depending if you have a rear heater or not.

Make sure both the heaters are in the "Hot" possision when you drain the coolant otherwise you will only empty uot about 7 litres of coolant and not the full 9 or 10 litres.
    I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
      Do a 50/50 mix of Water and Coolant,(But I have done a 40/60 mix. 40% Coolant to 60% Water) total fluid level is normaly about 9 litres but some take up to 10 litres depending if you have a rear heater or not.

Make sure both the heaters are in the "Hot" possision when you drain the coolant otherwise you will only empty uot about 7 litres of coolant and not the full 9 or 10 litres.
      Sorry forgot, I used normal Car plan stuff and I have just been to Devon & cornwall and got stuck in trafick in the sun, it took me 11 hours to get home and the car was fine.
      I like Orientals

Comment

Working...
      X