Look before you leap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look before you leap

Yesterday, we learnt the number one rule of offroading the hard way!

We nipped up to Roat Farm in the afternoon for a couple of hours of offroading. All was going pretty well until I went over what looked to be a small hill and well, fell off the other side of it!!!

What we hadn't seen was that a dipped crossed the hill on the other side so we had the height of the hill and then this 3 or 4 foot carved out section that we were effectively trying to cross the wrong way. We landed with a bit of a bump and a host of expletives! I then made it worse by trying to back out - the front left tyre dug in and actually started tipping the truck over further until it got to the point I was no longer sure about the safety of the situation so asked the future Mrs Snoop to vacate the vehicle!!!!

A slightly wonky A bar and soiled pants were the only real casualties of the situation, although pride went out the window too when we towed out by an Suzuki jeep

Still, we stayed and played for a couple of hours afterwards and did a few of the technical bits which suprised a couple of the Rangy boys and everything we attempted (after a foot reccy!!!!) we managed to do so left a little wiser and feeling quite pleased
    Last edited by Snoop; 27 June 2005, 10:47.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Great pics though!!

Just stick it on the wall and pretend you did it on purpose!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Lets just say I was not amused! But Snoop returned to his usual beastly behaviour and after leaving me recovering from shock with a cup of tea went off playing some more with his brother who looked equally as petrified as me!

Lottie xx
      Off Roading Rules!! When's the next meet??

[IMG

Comment

Originally posted by LottieS16
        Lets just say I was not amused! But Snoop returned to his usual beastly behaviour and after leaving me recovering from shock with a cup of tea went off playing some more with his brother who looked equally as petrified as me!

Lottie xx
        Get your own back Lottie - make the future "Mr Lottie" be passenger whilst you drive for the next offroad run !

Glad you two are ok,

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Nice one! Main thing is you didn't roll it over totaly and it happened at play site where there others to pull you off (when they'd stopped laughing!).

Nevillef

Comment

Glad everything is o.k with you and the truck, and at least you had the 'nads to post what happened

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

funny thing was - at the start of the day I said to Lottie, "we've done the deep water thing but we need some piccies of steep angles and maybe with a wheel in the air..." it's not quite what I had in mind though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                funny thing was - at the start of the day I said to Lottie, "we've done the deep water thing but we need some piccies of steep angles and maybe with a wheel in the air..." it's not quite what I had in mind though!!!
                Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Perhaps it's time for you to do the Sussex lanes

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Perhaps it's time for you to do the Sussex lanes

Trev
                  As long as there are no holes to fall into!!!

Comment

Has anyone else been to the site at Roat farm? It was £25 for the day and there were no rules bar "be courteous". There was a technical bits, some mental bits, some gentler stuff.... oh and some err treacherous holes!

We spoke to the owner of the site and he's quite happy to do club days and can do hog roasts etc. if there was a group fancied it.

Comment

Where is it?

Has anyone else been to the site at Roat farm? It was £25 for the day and there were no rules bar "be courteous". There was a technical bits, some mental bits, some gentler stuff.... oh and some err treacherous holes!

We spoke to the owner of the site and he's quite happy to do club days and can do hog roasts etc. if there was a group fancied it.
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

It's at Rout farm Warninglid, contact number 07970148472, I think it's every month, last one was yesterday.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...rch.srf&dn=675

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                          It's at Rout farm Warninglid, contact number 07970148472, I think it's every month, last one was yesterday.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...rch.srf&dn=675
                          That's the one - about 12 miles south of Gatwick... last Sunday of every month.

[IMG

Comment

As they always say "be carefull what you wish for..."
                            Sounds like another one to write up to experience... just goes to show a little more of what the 'toy' is capable of.

Great photo's...?
                            Should have got one of you driving (as if you meant it), big smile and waving out the window without a care in the world.....

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                              As they always say "be carefull what you wish for..."
                              Sounds like another one to write up to experience... just goes to show a little more of what the 'toy' is capable of.

Great photo's...?
                              Should have got one of you driving (as if you meant it), big smile and waving out the window without a care in the world.....
                              Kind of like this one...?

[IMG

Comment

Working...
                              X