Dirty tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty tricks

Went to feed the bulls this morning and found a large pile of rubbish - empty bean cans, nappies, microwave (not working), tins of paint etc. outside the cattle shed. How can people do this!!! The farm is well off the beaten track. Luckily I found a letter, (court order for their kid to attend school), with their name and address on it. They actually live 10 miles away. Might just gather the rubbish up and dump it back in their garden. Unless anyone has a better suggestion!

Jacqueline
    Last edited by jax; 26 June 2005, 12:43.

[QUOTE=jax]Went to feed the bulls this morning and found a large pile of rubbish - empty bean cans, nappies, microwave (not working), tins of paint etc. outside the cattle shed. How can people do this!!! The farm is well off the beaten track. Luckily I found a letter, (court order for their kid to attend school), with their name and address on it. They actually live 10 miles away. Might just gather the rubbish up and dump it back in their garden. Unless anyone has a better suggestion!

Jacqueline[/QUOTE
    Fly tipping is big problem round about here as well - just about every layby on the back roads gets used as a dumping ground. I know Perth & Kinross Council are trying to clamp down on this so hopefully Fife will be the same. I would try them first - they may have an hotline number for reporting fly-tippers. The fact you have an address I would hope they would follow it up.
    Personally I think it is a national disgrace

Comment

When you take it all back and dump it on the garden, ask the occupents of the shed to donate a little something to dump outside their door!
      Add a little not with "Here is your stuff back, with interest"
      Dont forget to post some, just for effect!
      Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

I'm sure the local authorities won't do much to these scumbags - probably say they are hard done by and give them another hand out!!

Personally, I know what I'd like to do As a mate of mind always reminds me, "Don't get mad, get even!"

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

right outside there front door will do nicely
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

It's not only poor scumbags that fly tip. I got the registration number of a very top of the range Merc that was dumping stuff in a gateway. I didn't pass it to the local authority or the Police. I told the farmer that the land belongs to. Turns out they drank in his local. Big scary guy frightened the sh1te out of them and humiliated them in front of all their la-di-da friends.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Trouble is, if you dump the rubbish back on their place it might start off one of those !!!-for-tat things. It's just not worth it. Either need to speak to the police, which admittedly will probably end up with you getting fined or sent to jail or they may get sent to Barbados for a month for rehab and time to think it all through (seems to be the way our justice system works these days). Or do something much less obvious. The other issue is. Can you be sure that the letter you found really belongs to the people who dumped the rubbish. Would be terrible to end up victimising someone who had nothing to do with this in the first place.

We had the same thing recently. I also live on a farm. And likewise we're well off the beaten track. It's about half a mile to the road, and we have a big bin on wheels next to the entrance. A few weeks ago got to the bin only to find someone had filled it with a single seater sofa. Next to the bin was another one and a three seater and a table. Couldn't believe it! Had to get the council to take it away. In the mean time took the seat out of the bin and arranged them like a living room - no telly thankfully!

What really beats me is - these people can be bothered to take their rubbish in a car away from their homes. In your case 10 miles?!? If they're going to do that, why can't they just take it to the tip!

Top and bottom of it - I really share your frustration. People like this try to take the joy out of living.

Rob
              Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

and while all this is going on the council are advertising to encourage us to take it to the tip... its free, its easy, they will even help unload if you ask nicely... and best of all you can do it in daylight!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  and while all this is going on the council are advertising to encourage us to take it to the tip... its free, its easy, they will even help unload if you ask nicely... and best of all you can do it in daylight!
                  You never been to our local tip!
                  You have some snot bag going through your stuff as you drive in, you cant dump bricks or building rubbish cos it is "comercial waste".
                  They wont give you a hand to get it into the skip which is over 7" tall.
                  And you get fined if you make more than 2 trips in a day.
                  Oh yes, forgot that if your vehical is over 6" you cant get in and cant park outside and carry it in. You get fined if you try that!

I love paying my council tax, it makes it all worth while!
                  God bless Cannock council

Comment

Having said all that, I still cant condone fly tipping.
                    Give them to the spiders, they love a big fat juicy one!!

Comment

if it hadnt been for council policy on vans, i was going to get a transit!
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Our local tip try to say my surf is a pick up (hence chargeable commercial vehicle) every time I go, although I've managed to talk them round each time so far, I suspect the fly tippers are often vans/pick ups that know they will get charged at the tip. It doesn't make sense for the council to charge it must surely cost them more to clear up the fly tipping and I've never seen anyone pay.
                        Darren

Comment

ladies and gentleman welcome to the world of 'council think'all you can do is write to the council and complain. they will not change, but it makes you feel better. i got a letter from them saying they know there van ban is unfair, but it will continue. also with letter was pamphlet encouraging me to recycle..
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I took my trailer full of soil to the dump, it is the smallest one halfords sell, they reckon I had 1/2 ton in it and charged me £36, still I got it half price cos they missed the other 1/2 ton in the back of the 4x4. And yet if I take my van bodied landrover never any questions. At one time when I had finished plasterboarding my loft conversion I was going twice a day rammed full of plasterboard offcuts and no problems. Obviously somebody in a motor like mine has been doing the greasing for me.
                            Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Thats one of many reasons I love the Surf so, it fits under the 5ft 9" barrier at my local tip.

It is just sutch fun to snigger at the PJs and Landies as the come to a grinding halt after trying to follow me in!
                              Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Working...
                              X