not surf related but HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not surf related but HELP

Please help a thick sumo I got a mail blockage and I cant clear it. I followed the distrucktions like what it said but that didnt work now it says deleate it from youe mail sever? my question is HOW
    Answers in words of 1 sylable please cos me and computer speak dont get on. I got outlook express if it helps??????

sumo.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Originally posted by sumo
    Please help a thick sumo I got a mail blockage and I cant clear it. I followed the distrucktions like what it said but that didnt work now it says deleate it from youe mail sever? my question is HOW
    Answers in words of 1 sylable please cos me and computer speak dont get on. I got outlook express if it helps??????

sumo.

take plunger, attach it to screen and plunge away, that should clear it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

not surf related but HELP

Why dont you download Mailwasher (its a freebie but you can register for a small sum) This is a great piece of software as you can read and delete emails at the server ie. reduce the chance of viruses and also you can set up a blacklist of junk mail senders
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

sumo.
        Sumo what Mail Server have you got ???????????

(Last bit of your e-mail address Like - @ntlworld.com ? )

Colin
        NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

sumo.
          To check that you are not leaving messages on the server.....

- Open Outlook Express
          - Click on tools from the menus at the top
          - Click on accounts from the drop down menu
          - A new window will appear, if it isnt allready on the mail tab, click on it
          - Click on the account that has "(default" in the type area) it should now be highlighted
          - Click the properties button
          - Another new window, click on the advanced tab
          - At the bottom of the page there should be a section on "Leave a copy of messages on server" If the check box is ticked then this is your problem!
          - Uncheck the box
          - Click OK, window closes
          - Click close and the other window will close
          - Do a send and receive and this should then delete all the messages from the mailserver.

If you still have a problem contact the service provider helpline and get them to delete all of the messages older than one day old on the server (This way you shouldnt lose any new ones!)

Hope this helps

Rich.
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

All sorted now chaps thanks for your I tried your suggestion Rich but that was ok so I had to make the dreaded 50p per min phone call. £1.50 well spent

sumo.
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
            X