Fuel Check Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Check Stops

driving along Windmill Lane just about to join the Uxbridge Road yesterday, thats West London UB2 4 XX ish, when i spotted a little traffic wardeness lurking in the bushes clocking all the cars and talking on her radio, next thing I know I am pulled over and there is an army of Customs and Exise folks checking the tank contents of ALL the diesel vehicles. There were some very sad looking builder types kicking around who I guess had loaded up with site pink diesel ! Had been considering giving veg oil a go and had even bought 40 odd litres from tesco, not bad at 40p pence a litre. Worryingly the bloke said before he tested the contents of my tank " Now I hope you have havent been running your vehicle on un taxed vegatable oil sir ", got chatting with him, and he said that for a first offence it would have been an on the spot fine of £500 for a first offence, at least £1000 for second and very real vehicle confiscation on a third.

If you are going to use Veg oil then get your tax paid, well some of it at least !

still seems odd to me that the police cannot stop and search you without a good reason, but customs and excise can flag you down, search, question, all sorts, just cos the whim takes them.scary people.
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

They had a similar "day" a couple of Months ago stopping people coming off the A40 at the polish Memorial..........

Comment

so we have been writing to mps and such saying if only we could use this stuff cos its green and the response is a targeted c&e bid to stop us doing it... hmmmm....

think they are keeping a mailing list of these? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...557051247&rd=1
        Last edited by Chillitt; 23 June 2005, 13:07.
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          still seems odd to me that the police cannot stop and search you without a good reason, but customs and excise can flag you down, search, question, all sorts, just cos the whim takes them.scary people.
          They are! They have far more power than the boys in blue.

Comment

and so much easier to bribe it seems...aledgedly
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I'm having my first visit from the C&E in July - they seem pleasant enough on the phone.
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt

C&E people also have right of entry into your home., no warrant, no nuffin... them and gas people

no you can't dip that...it a chip pan , it's meant to have veg oil in it.......
                Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                  I'm having my first visit from the C&E in July - they seem pleasant enough on the phone.
                  what for. running on veggie?

wheres Phillip? I need a heater thing.
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I passed a petrol station the other day selling bio diesel how would they know that I hadn't filled up there?
                    Mind you they were selling it at 93p ltr
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

And the stuff they call biodiesel is probably only a 5% mix of biodiesel with regular fuel....

Comment

To Dirtydog

Call me on 0208 8969172 re heater.
                        Rgds Philip
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                          what for. running on veggie?

wheres Phillip? I need a heater thing.
                          Bullet has one and it seems to make a difference to fuel consumption - I've run it with two full tank fulls now and seem to be getting about 50 more miles per tank, from running the fuel thinner I guess.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
                            C&E people also have right of entry into your home., no warrant, no nuffin... them and gas people

no you can't dip that...it a chip pan , it's meant to have veg oil in it.......

Tell me about it, I has a prank played on me by one of my workmates, who phoned Customs and Excise saying I was selling fags and booze ouf of my house without tax being paid.

They searched everything and interviewed my wife and myself before asking if anyone would maliciously want my house raided. Needless to say I didn`t dob the guy in, as I deserved it for a couple of pranks I had previoulsy pulled on him, but they are very scary people

Comment

Does anybody know what c&e would do if they dipped your tank and found it was this colour??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

If you read the add you Know what his getting at
                              Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
                              X