Hijack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumo
    Far be it for me to take sides in this butas a 44tonne taxi driver I feel a comment coming on. Ok the guy who pulled out in front of you Rob was in the wrong,although I dont know all the facts but what about the "I must beat the truck" syndrome that affects most skateboards,the pull in front and break not to mention pull out in front of and then only do 20mph.These are just afew of the problems we have to put up with and thanks to the eec we can only do our job for a certain amount of time at a limited speed (56mph) So please give us a break.
    sumo.
    While I agree that the majority of truckers are kings of the road (like Sumo et al) it seems that the stupid ones are increasing at the same rate as the stupid car drivers. I was on the M1, SB on Thursday evening. Tucked into the N/S lane doing 75'ish, when a truck comes down the J5 sliproad to join the carriageway. I estimated that I would be well clear of the sliproad by the time he joined the carriageway, because I was going approximately 19MPH faster than he is allowed to go. WRONG! He caught up at a rate of knots, pulled on the klaxton, flashed his lights and when I pulled into lane 2 undertook me, swerving and gesticulating. All that with eight giant concrete pipes on the trailer. When I pulled in behind him I was pacing him at 82MPH. And, before anyone asks, it was UK a registered truck. Oh and he was using a mobile phone ( I thought it was a Yorkie)
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
      I can only agree with sumo so the BMW owners watch out we cant stop on a sixpence.....

Unfortunatly look at the results of 2 richard cranium car drivers on the A40 the other day..... The poor truck driver obviously took avoiding action because of the 2 BMW owners who have to be there first and his trailor took over and he bounced 150 yds down the armco barrier.

I bet they only get a dont do it again and a token fine....

bmws
      would we want to stop on a sixpence Maybe a fiver.
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
        would we want to stop on a sixpence Maybe a fiver.
        LOL Pops
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          LOL Pops
          you going to devils pit tomorrow
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

just to throw a bit of oil on the fire but why do lorry drivers think that the best place to overtake is the start of a hill and a two lane section on a hill is even better.
            so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
              just to throw a bit of oil on the fire but why do lorry drivers think that the best place to overtake is the start of a hill and a two lane section on a hill is even better.
              " I know every village has an idiot , but why do they all have to be lorry drivers? "
              Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Yes Pops, I am going to the Pit tomorrow. Now theres a place for idiot spotting - I'll be somewhere opposite the burger bar
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                X