importing?Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing?Is it worth it?

Anybody used Autoadvan to import a surf? Any hidden charges? I'm thinking about buying another one for a friend who loves mine to bits!! We've had a look around uk dealers but have found that importing,though a bit complicated, could be the way forward?

Yup I'm using Autoadvan at the moment. Just bought a 1996 3rd Gen ssrx at auction and awaiting to get it shipped to Newcastle.
    Charges to date
    Autoadvan fee (knew about it)
    Translation of auction report (each one £5) and bids (£10 a vehicle)
    Auction price
    transport from auction to port of embarkation (knew about it)
    Fee on board (including deregistration) - knew about that

Awaiting shipping

Will be in UK about 4-6 weeks

still to pay
    shipping fee
    shipping agent fee
    VAT
    duty
    port charge
    transport from Newcastle to Aberdeen (about £185 - not too bad?)
    Fit fog light and speedo fascia
    SVA (mystery why you have to pay £180 for this)
    MOT
    plates
    road tax

So all in all no surprises if you read the small print. To date they have been very helpful...I'll let you know

Only surprise I had is with SVA test...didn't realise you had to take off so much (rear wheel carrier, bumper bars, reversing mirror) to get it through...just replace 'am all afterwards and off you go
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

Comment

Autoadvan

They have been mentioned before on the forum, try the lonk below, or type Autoadvan into the search box.
      Pete

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...earchid=144839

Comment

Hi m8.

I've imported three surfs through AutoAdvan. They've been really helpful and I don't have anything bad to say about any aspect of their service. The guy who owns AutoAdvan (Tony Tsang) was happy to spend time on the phone with me showing me the ropes and was able to offer advice on Surfs (said that he was driving one and explained the situation re the 2.4 head etc.) All of their costs are clearly shown up front and with their on-line auction facilities you can choose your own car with a degree of confidence that you're gonna get a good vehicle.

I'm hoping to import a Supra in the not too distant future and I will gladly use their services to do so.

Rob
        Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Working...
        X