New tyres time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres time

Ok folks, time for some new shoes on my 97 3.0 surf.

After lots or searching and reading on net its between yoko geolanders or bridgestone duelers, had a set of yokos on my last 93 surf and they were great, just heard so many good things about the b/stone as well.

So its down to the vote,

thanks people

Originally posted by Wheelrepairit

After lots or searching and reading on net its between yoko geolanders or bridgestone duelers, had a set of yokos on my last 93 surf and they were great, just heard so many good things about the b/stone as well.

So its down to the vote,

thanks people
    Take it youaren't interested in BFG A/T's then? Their pedigree is second to none.

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

cor blimy, guess thats another few hrs now then on net looking up all i can about these babys.

hehehe, cheers nick.

Comment

cor blimy, guess thats another few hrs now then on net looking up all i can about these babys.

hehehe, cheers nick.
        Don't surf the net, just do a search on this forum

Personally I think that you cannot go far wrong with these, and they get the vote of many people on this forum. They are as good off road as on and vice versa - unless you are going to extreme off roading of course
        I also believe that they are good value for money cosidering the above and the excellent wear rate. Shop around, but Micheldever Tyres near Winchester will take a lot of beating,

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

BFG A/T's got my vote above all others!!
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Bronco A/T's do the same as BFG but lots cheaper
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

So its down to the vote,

thanks people

DO NOT go with Yokos....I have them on the alloys that came with the vehicle and even any amount of rain on the road and your nearly sidewards going round a roundabout or corner
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                Take it youaren't interested in BFG A/T's then? Their pedigree is second to none.

Cheers, Nick

8 out of ten owners prefer them!

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                  DO NOT go with Yokos....I have them on the alloys that came with the vehicle and even any amount of rain on the road and your nearly sidewards going round a roundabout or corner
                  Not sure which Yokos you have...if they're the old A/Ts I can understand, I used to have them when I first got my surf.
                  The newer Geolandar A/T+II are excellent on tarmac, in the dry and the wet. I have them fitted at the moment and they are rated by many people as one of the best A/Ts around (along with BFG AT and Bridgestone Dueller A/T 694).

However, as much as I love them, being brilliant on road and very good off road, I'm not too keen on the wear. The tread is shallower near the centre of the tyre. So when there's 2mm left in the centre, there's loads on the shoulders. The compound is fairly soft too, good for grip, not so good for wear.

When they wear out I'm going to give the Bridgestone A/T 694s a try. Not interested in the BFGs at the moment, partly cos of the price and partly because i want a slightly more road friendly A/T.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    However, as much as I love them, being brilliant on road and very good off road, I'm not too keen on the wear. The tread is shallower near the centre of the tyre. So when there's 2mm left in the centre, there's loads on the shoulders. The compound is fairly soft too, good for grip, not so good for wear.
                    take a bit of pressure out... that should solve it....
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

ok, found a few prices

bf goodrich a/ts for £105

bridgestone duelers for £77

are the bf goodrichs really worth £28 more,

Comment

ok, found a few prices

bf goodrich a/ts for £105

bridgestone duelers for £77

are the bf goodrichs really worth £28 more,

£86 at micheldevertyres, fitted and balanced

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          take a bit of pressure out... that should solve it....
                          Always ran them at 28, don't want to go any lower. Recently changed to 32, doesn't waddle as much now and handles better! Given up caring

Comment

Originally posted by jonny595
                            £86 at micheldevertyres, fitted and balanced
                            Yeah - we always go there !! (But I expect the bridgestone would be cheaper there too.)

IMHO BFG are worth the extra if you can afford it. Definately quieter that any other AT I've come across.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

BFG's are excellent, and if anyone is intersested, Protyre in Poole,Dorset are doing BFG at's for £69.00 fitted inc vat ! a snip I'm sure you will agree.

Andy.

Comment

Working...
                              X