Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Animal versus Surf

My mate fancies a four wheel drive.

He likes the Mitsubishi L200 Animal (is that right?)

Would anyone like to tell him which is better and why?

does he have a lot of hairdressers tools to carry?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      does he have a lot of hairdressers tools to carry?

Ha, I'll pass that on. He's a sparky.

Got anything to really put him off? heh heh heh

Comment

looking like a hairdresser isnt enough?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          looking like a hairdresser isnt enough?

No I'm afraid not, it's a bit obvious, plus he's got long hair so he gets "hair" jokes all the time.

I'll have to come up with something to stop him doing it. It's only 'cos it's got a scoop on the bonnet I'm sure! Puff!

Comment

Originally posted by iggypop
            No I'm afraid not, it's a bit obvious, plus he's got long hair so he gets "hair" jokes all the time.

I'll have to come up with something to stop him doing it. It's only 'cos it's got a scoop on the bonnet I'm sure! Puff!
            no problem there, all 3rd Gens with intercooler's get a bonnet scoop too
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

chillit i just pmsl!!!!
              DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Reasons for against Surf/ L200 animal
                A workmate who had an Mitsu Animal, borrowed my 2nd gen 3ltr and found it to be a better drive, more responsive to the wheel and throttle. He has now sold his Mitsu and drives a 2nd gen 3.0 surf.

the surf has a more flexable loadspace, the mitsu allthough a pickup has a limited load space, eg I can get a 6ft2 fridge in the back of the surf, or comfortably carry three passengers long distance with luggage, wheras the mitsu has a limited amount of rear legroom, and a loadlength marginaly longer than the surf with the rear seats up.

My greatest joy is that the surf is an estate body, therefore £1.00 cheaper than the mitsu on the toll bridges.

Finaly the Surf does not have the low rent reputation of the Shogun/Paj and L200

Hope this helps.
                Gtdog
                Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

3rd gen Surf has a larger cargo area than the mitsubishi pick up(plus the rear seats fold down to give you even more space).The Surf looks better and has more grunt,you can drive on tarmac in 4wd with the Surf(3rd gen only),I don't think you can do that in the mitsubishi.Rear visibility is better in the Surf,I had a test drive in a mitsubishi 4life pick up a couple of years ago,couldn't see a !!!!!! thing in my rear view mirror.You get a lot more for your money with a Surf.