Crunch......Dohhhhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunch......Dohhhhh!

First thing this morning whilst manoeuvring to exit the garden whilst half asleep i decided to reverse into on of my BJ40's (the one i'm gonna restore). Hit the spare tyre carrier hinge straight on with my back door. Result Cruiser 1, Surf 0. Not a scratch on the LC, big dent in back door of Surf.
    Moral of this story:
    Wake up before you leave for work!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Originally posted by Delboy
    First thing this morning whilst manoeuvring to exit the garden whilst half asleep i decided to reverse into on of my BJ40's (the one i'm gonna restore). Hit the spare tyre carrier hinge straight on with my back door. Result Cruiser 1, Surf 0. Not a scratch on the LC, big dent in back door of Surf.
    Moral of this story:
    Well at least it'll help you brush up on your bodywork skills before you tackle the BJ's (about the only positive aspect to this I can think of!)
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Well at least it'll help you brush up on your bodywork skills before you tackle the BJ's (about the only positive aspect to this I can think of!)
      Dont have time to repair it myself. Too many jobs on. Just got a quote of €270 for the whole door. Will take 2 1/2 days. Does that seem like an ok price to you?
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Dont have time to repair it myself. Too many jobs on. Just got a quote of €270 for the whole door. Will take 2 1/2 days. Does that seem like an ok price to you?
        Doesn't sound too bad but of course depends also on the quality of the workmanship and the extent of the damage

Post a pic if you can.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Sounds like a good price, I was quoted £175 to repaint my rear door with no damage just paint bubbling off so it needed stripping back to the metal.

Just goes to show how strong even a rusty LC is.

Cheers

Comment

You could always pass it off as trail damage, tell them a disco slid down a hill behind you like a donkey on ice and hit your tailgate at a lunatic speed!

Comment

Moral of this story:
              At least you didn't roll it in an empty car park

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                At least you didn't roll it in an empty car park
                those large flat bits of tarmac can be tricky.. i bet i have fallen over more times in pub carparks than anywhere else...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                X