Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my family went to Lossiemouth for the weekend, just on arrival about 4 miles away I noticed that the Surf was not running right (it just felt sluggish). I arrived in Lossiemouth a few minutes later only to notice that my temp was off the scale (past the red) , I let it cool down refilled the radiator and checked for leeks but none was to be found. I decided that it could have been a sticky thermostat, run the car all weekend, drove home on Sunday night no probs(over 200 miles). I went a 14 mile journey yesterday and guess what it happened again. . I went into the garage today, the mechanic though it could be the thermo, removed it and guess what the water started to flood out of the overflow again , he then said it could be the water pump, but was reluctant to remove it without having a replacement, then he noticed that there was a massive build up of pressure in the radiator hose and air bubbles in the water so he said that he thinks that the head may have gone. I hope to find out tomorrow but right now I'm feeling very down , anyone know where I can get a new one if so required and a rough guide to prices?
    Thanks in advace and I'm off to get very drunk
    [COLOR=Blue]Cheers Kirky Ranger[/COLOR]

Hi Kirky,

Same problem here, you have my sympathy... a good place to look for a new head is here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html

Hope you get it sorted,

Nick.

Comment

I got one for £450 + VAT and £20 postage
      This included reconditioned running gear...however set-up not very good..had to replace tappet shims as gaps too big.
      Have also seen new bare ones at £350+VAT and you put your running gear in from blown head (not too difficult). Dont forget to add cost of new bolts and gasket set to this

If you want supplied the works with - new head and new running gear, bolts and gaskets set up correctly contact STEVO on Forum. He will also do the job if you can get surf down to merseyside way.

My advice after messing around with radiators and pumps..and on, is bite the bullet, pressure test and get the head done...no more worries after that.

Oh, and check e-bay I'm sure there's an new head for a 2.4 in auction
      ------------------------------------
      Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
        I got one for £450 + VAT and £20 postage
        This included reconditioned running gear...however set-up not very good..had to replace tappet shims as gaps too big.
        Have also seen new bare ones at £350+VAT and you put your running gear in from blown head (not too difficult). Dont forget to add cost of new bolts and gasket set to this

If you want supplied the works with - new head and new running gear, bolts and gaskets set up correctly contact STEVO on Forum. He will also do the job if you can get surf down to merseyside way.

My advice after messing around with radiators and pumps..and on, is bite the bullet, pressure test and get the head done...no more worries after that.

Oh, and check e-bay I'm sure there's an new head for a 2.4 in auction

Cheers mate, I seen the one on Ebay earlier on, but rather than wait for auction I thought I'd see about buying one. There is no way it would make it from Glasgow to Merseyside pity though.
        cheers for the info though.

Comment

Originally posted by SurfnTurf
          Hi Kirky,

Same problem here, you have my sympathy... a good place to look for a new head is here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html

Hope you get it sorted,

Nick.

has yours gone too Nick? I feel like a midget on the road now in my Nissan Almera Tino. Need to get it sorted out pronto as I love the Surf.
          Cheers for the info mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirky Ranger
            Cheers mate, I seen the one on Ebay earlier on, but rather than wait for auction I thought I'd see about buying one. There is no way it would make it from Glasgow to Merseyside pity though.
            cheers for the info though.

I'd suggest that you give stevo a ring; even with the cost of trailering it down there you might come out 'ahead'. He knows his stuff, and i'd bet he'd do a better job that pretty much most places up here.

Alternatively you could try Automec in Bo'ness (Hamish). He's got a 3.0, but i don't know if he's ever done heads on 2.4s.

Good luck...

Comment

Dont ponce around its the typical head scenario just bit your lip hard get a new head and not skimmed one because youll be doing it again in six months..
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
              X