fuel filter problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter problems

I have just changed by fuel filter and started the car and noticed the revs where low and I had no power. When I checked I have not put the drainge valve and did this straight away and used the pump to file the filter. But since then the car has not started no matter how long I use the pump. Does any one how I can correct this problem.

keep pumping till it gets hard... then it is up to pressure
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Try starting while someone else pumps the filter primer.Do this in short bursts and give starter a rest every now and then.Continuous cranking with starters over a long period is not good for them.If that does not work then you will need to crack injectors and crank till fuel flows from them.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
        Try starting while someone else pumps the filter primer.Do this in short bursts and give starter a rest every now and then.Continuous cranking with starters over a long period is not good for them.If that does not work then you will need to crack injectors and crank till fuel flows from them.

Neville
        How do you go about cracking the injectors.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by want2be123
          How do you go about cracking the injectors.
          Thanks
          Undo the injector pipes where they fix to the injector, just undo them a little, till fuel squeases out, and do them up again while someone is cranking the motor for you.

You'll need to remove the intake pipes to get to them.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Undo the injector pipes where they fix to the injector, just undo them a little, till fuel squeases out, and do them up again while someone is cranking the motor for you.

You'll need to remove the intake pipes to get to them.

Has anybody got pictures of this.
            Regards
            Kev.
            2.4 black beast

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
              Has anybody got pictures of this.
              no pics, but........
              Firstly, remove big rubber hose that goes from the air filter to the top of the engine.
              locate the four fuel injectors, they're the four nuts with metal tubes coming from them that go into each cylinder.
              loosen these nuts untill finger tight but do not remove them.
              get somebody to crank the engine while you watch for fuel to seep out of the injector nuts that you had just loosend, then stop engine cranking.
              re-tighten injector nuts, refit rubber hose, and all should be well.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                no pics, but........
                Firstly, remove big rubber hose that goes from the air filter to the top of the engine.
                locate the four fuel injectors, they're the four nuts with metal tubes coming from them that go into each cylinder.
                loosen these nuts untill finger tight but do not remove them.
                get somebody to crank the engine while you watch for fuel to seep out of the injector nuts that you had just loosend, then stop engine cranking.
                re-tighten injector nuts, refit rubber hose, and all should be well.
                Thanks m8
                Regards
                Kev.
                2.4 black beast

Comment

Working...
                X