Another Annoying Browser Setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    this is annoying... i got mcafee anti virus nonsense, every day, every ----in day a little box pops up saying 'mcafee has done something amazing, do you want to;- continue what you were doing? this is the only option. its not like you could select ;- move to another planet and live on the ceiling, or;- dump racheal hunter cos that hint of a double chin is really annoying...
    OF COURSE I WANT TO CONTINUE WHAT I WAS DOING, THATS WHAT I WAS DOING, I ONLY GOT MCAFEE TO STOP ANNOYING POP UPS, AND NOW I GOT ANNOYING POP UPS TO TELL ME I AM SAFE FROM ANNOYING POP UPS!!!
    i wouldn't mind but i had 7 different bits of spyware that it missed...
    thanks i feel better now
    where are those powdered green frog pills when i need them?
    Awesome response m8 - I used to have McAfee, but dumped it ages ago - turned out that it was crashing my system on a regular basis! I'm using Norton now and it seems ok. Plus I don't get loads and loads of annoying pop-ups (do get some, but they're sensible).

Cheers

Rob

p.s. If you find any of the powdered green frog pills, send me a bucket full.
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

We use AVG for virus, its free and it works without upsetting anything, and Spybot or Ad-ware for spyware rubbish.

McAfee and Norton seems a pain in the ass, I want something that does its stuff on its own, without all the BS.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Spy bot and ad aware are good Google tool bar stops pop ups.. I use Norton but turn all the "Shall I tell you? " stuff off

Comment

Found Norton Internet Security a good package although it does take a little time to get used to it.

The Web Assistant allows you you tick/untick whether pop-ups and ads are allowed.

Use Spybot and adaware for getting rid of other crap!

On Internet Explorer [v6.0]
          Tools Menu/Internet Options/ Privacy Tab there is a Pop-UP Blocker that can be ticked and you can force the browser to allow sites by clicking on the Setting button

I here Microsoft are going to release V7.0 with Privacy settings already configured.means your going to have to deselect half the stuff to get the functionality you require. Don't you just love Microsofts Security Policy!!!

Instead of proving the security works, screw the whole lot down and let the user configure
          Gaz

Comment

Not been using Internet Explorer for several years now, still annoyed that it get bundled with operating system.

IE will always be the most vulnerable browser because majority of people use it and no matter how many security updates it gets some little t**t sat at home (after bed time) will find a way in, just to screw it up.

Been using mozilla firefox and once you get your head round it's many problems it's a damn good browser (problems now not as bad as they once were)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Its a bit of a pain, if I've only got 5 mins, I don't log on as me cos I won't have time to look at all the new posts, and you lose them if you log off, or wait to long. Or I keep logging on every 1/2 hour to keep the new posts down!

Dunno what you can do about it. If you've not logged off, but the time expires and you have no new posts again, you can right click on the Back button, and find the last new post search that had all the posts, and look at them one by one like that.

The 'New Post' link is the only way to keep up to date with every new post in all the forums.
              Tony, re the time expiry, what dictates the lenght of time? Is it the forum or is it a browser setting?

Rob
              Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Working...
              X