Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Annoying Browser Setting?

Hi guys,

Since becoming a member of the forum, I've noticed that the refresh of 'New Posts' seems to be very erratic. What I'm trying to say is that some times I can click the 'New Posts' menu item and get three pages worth of new posts. And it'll stay like that all evening. On other occassions I click the same option and only get two or three threads.

I understand the concept of 'New Posts', i.e. posts that I've not already seen, but the way in which it works seems to be completely random. It definitely doesn't seem related to what I've looked at.

Anyone any ideas? I'm guessing that it's probably another pesky I.E. setting.

Rob
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Its a bit of a pain, if I've only got 5 mins, I don't log on as me cos I won't have time to look at all the new posts, and you lose them if you log off, or wait to long. Or I keep logging on every 1/2 hour to keep the new posts down!

Dunno what you can do about it. If you've not logged off, but the time expires and you have no new posts again, you can right click on the Back button, and find the last new post search that had all the posts, and look at them one by one like that.

The 'New Post' link is the only way to keep up to date with every new post in all the forums.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by nednil
      Hi guys,

Since becoming a member of the forum, I've noticed that the refresh of 'New Posts' seems to be very erratic. What I'm trying to say is that some times I can click the 'New Posts' menu item and get three pages worth of new posts. And it'll stay like that all evening. On other occassions I click the same option and only get two or three threads.

I understand the concept of 'New Posts', i.e. posts that I've not already seen, but the way in which it works seems to be completely random. It definitely doesn't seem related to what I've looked at.

Anyone any ideas? I'm guessing that it's probably another pesky I.E. setting.

Rob

Use Mozilla Firefox,it's a much better more streamlined browser than IE,plus you won't be bombarded with spyware.
      Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
        Use Mozilla Firefox,it's a much better more streamlined browser than IE,plus you won't be bombarded with spyware.
        Cheers m8. Will give it a try. Have been thinking about using Mozilla at home for a while.

OK - I'm up and running with Mozilla - will see how I get on.
        Last edited by nednil; 16 June 2005, 19:20.
        Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Im on Opera, much the same as Mozilla but i still get issues sometimes.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Right, my turn.......,
            How come the animated smilies / avatars are only animated once in a blue moon????? Or is that just my p.c.?
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 16 June 2005, 20:29.

Comment

depends on the smilie mate....
              should be movin'
              should not

- please note the above may be affected by excess alcohol consumption -
              Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                depends on the smilie mate....
                should be movin'
                should not

- please note the above may be affected by excess alcohol consumption -

Nope, nuffink, not a sausage.
                Drink or otherwise.

Comment

OK while we're at it, since I just had to buy a new computer why do I get a blank box with a white square with a red X in instead of a picture? Not all pictures but some.
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                    OK while we're at it, since I just had to buy a new computer why do I get a blank box with a white square with a red X in instead of a picture? Not all pictures but some.

check your browser settings for things like
                    popups enabled
                    show picture placeholders etc...
                    Gaz

Comment

what browser are you running mate?
                      Internet explorer / Opera / Mozilla / Netscape etc
                      Tim

Comment

what browser are you running mate?
                        Internet explorer / Opera / Mozilla / Netscape etc
                        Internet Explorer!

Paul

Comment

Internet Explorer!
                          errrm, not many ideas then as I dont use it all the time anymore - sorry
                          Tim

Comment

errrm, not many ideas then as I dont use it all the time anymore - sorry
                            An example is the box on the site home page under where it says "whats new"

Paul

Comment

this is annoying... i got mcafee anti virus nonsense, every day, every ----in day a little box pops up saying 'mcafee has done something amazing, do you want to;- continue what you were doing? this is the only option. its not like you could select ;- move to another planet and live on the ceiling, or;- dump racheal hunter cos that hint of a double chin is really annoying...
                              OF COURSE I WANT TO CONTINUE WHAT I WAS DOING, THATS WHAT I WAS DOING, I ONLY GOT MCAFEE TO STOP ANNOYING POP UPS, AND NOW I GOT ANNOYING POP UPS TO TELL ME I AM SAFE FROM ANNOYING POP UPS!!!
                              i wouldn't mind but i had 7 different bits of spyware that it missed...
                              thanks i feel better now
                              where are those powdered green frog pills when i need them?
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X