She may have to go - Very Sad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She may have to go - Very Sad....

Looks like work are moving to Chorley from Liverpool and the hole its going to put in my fuel pocket may well mean that I can no longer afford my baby beast.

I know dino diesel has been coverd loads, but how practical is it really in a day to day travel to 9-5 job environment... ?

In other words - Dino diesel is the only way I mayt be able to keep hold of her.

I'm aware of the tax that needs paying on it..but is there anything else to be aware of such as summer winter viscosity issues ? additives ? extra tanks ? Aldi ? chip shop ? filters ?

All seems alot of trouble ....

Sorry if I'm covering old ground - I'm so busy at work I cant search....for too long in one go...

Thanks.

Ron.
    Nili secundum desperandum

err.. think you've got your terminology mixed up, dinodiesel is regular fossil fuel diesel, your looking for vegoil

Everyday practicality? apart from the PITA of emptying 45 1 litre bottles in for each fill (at least in the ratios I use) I see no difficulties in regular long term usage, as indeed many others have also found to their delight. Get it in larger drums and it obviously becomes much easier.

Other than that I appreciate you don't want to spend too long searching (which is why I always encourage posting on threads already covering a topic to consolidate the information and make future searches easier and more informative), but there really is no substitute for checking it out properly yourself so that you are fully informed and can make the best decision for your circumstances.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      err.. think you've got your terminology mixed up, dinodiesel is regular fossil fuel diesel, your looking for vegoil

Everyday practicality? apart from the PITA of emptying 45 1 litre bottles in for each fill (at least in the ratios I use) I see no difficulties in regular long term usage, as indeed many others have also found to their delight. Get it in larger drums and it obviously becomes much easier.

Other than that I appreciate you don't want to spend too long searching (which is why I always encourage posting on threads already covering a topic to consolidate the information and make future searches easier and more informative), but there really is no substitute for checking it out properly yourself so that you are fully informed and can make the best decision for your circumstances.
      Gotcha Morr - Thanks.

I'll log on one time when I have more time and check it out properly.

- yip not Dino - Vegiemight - or might not ! we shall see....so you dont need to thin it for winter with additives -? ok ok...I'll search from home...

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
        Gotcha Morr - Thanks.

I'll log on one time when I have more time and check it out properly.

- yip not Dino - Vegiemight - or might not ! we shall see....so you dont need to thin it for winter with additives -? ok ok...I'll search from home...
        Come winter I just use less veg and more dino, but at this time of year I seem to be followed by hungry drivers

Hippo does in excess of 20,000 miles per year, mostly on that delightful (or whatever else you care to call it) road the M25.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Or you can buy the stuff I use - ready filtered and mixed/tax paid veggie oil at 69.9p/litre...no mixing required...

http://www.bio-power.co.uk/

Comment

cheap fuel

don't mess about, go to dieselveg.com, drive down to wolverhampton, drop £950 and have cheap fuel for ever more. If you buy oil of them you'll get a tax paid receipt so if you do get any bother later on just show em that. veg oil is 43p /litre or £1.95 a gallon at aldi, tesco, morrisons, asda etc. takes a while to fill up with the bottles but its worth it. i've been on it for 50k and saved loads.

Comment

All makes interesting reading....

Still reading !

The tank and conversion sounds like the way forward.

Comment

Working...
              X