Tax Proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Proposals

Hey up there people. Just wondered if any of you wise ones had heard about any new tax proposals for vehicles over 3.0litres. From what i understand, a whopping £900 bill will be landing with a heavy thud on my doormat in the next year or so. Has anyone got a good ear to the ground to re-assure me this is all an un funny wind up, 5 people have said it to me so far!!!

Originally posted by blacksurf
    Hey up there people. Just wondered if any of you wise ones had heard about any new tax proposals for vehicles over 3.0litres. From what i understand, a whopping £900 bill will be landing with a heavy thud on my doormat in the next year or so. Has anyone got a good ear to the ground to re-assure me this is all an un funny wind up, 5 people have said it to me so far!!!
    Any clues as to what vehicle you have ?

My logbook says my 3.0 litre 1993 2nd gen is exactly 3.0 litres, NOT over

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I have a 95 ssrx 3.0l. From what they said new price guides for each class of car, eg.. under 1.0l. under 1.6 and so on. my guess was that it is 3.0l is a cut off point

Comment

not heard this one, wouldnt suprise me though.
        whats the exact CC of the 3ltr engine, is it rounded up or down to 3ltr?
        my 2.8 is acctually 2.7 something (2.770 i think) if this comes off it'll soon be reregisterd as a 2.7! possible for a whole lot of 2.9ltr surfs in the near future?
        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

One thing is for !!!!!! sure. They wont drive me out of my surf!!! Ill pay the money, then drive around london at the head of a hated 4x4 go slow convoy. bring on the revolt!!!! How they expect me to carry half a ton of stuff in a smart car is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksurf

I think it's a Chinese whisper.
            £900..........I don't fink so!

Comment

a special concessionary group including agricultural machines, snow ploughs, gritting vehicles, electric vehicles and, later, steam powered vehicles; and a special vehicles group, limited to vehicles over 3,500 kgs, including mobile cranes, works trucks, digging machines, showmen's vehicles, etc.

taken from the d.o.t. website.
              just thought, these vehicles are excise exempt.
              1. is a surf with a dodgy head steam powered?
              2. this is a 1995 ammendment. STEAM POWERED??? what are they on?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
              X