MOT future problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT future problems?

just taken my truck for its mot, passed! but not without some small problems that could get worse AND affect others here.
    firstly my truck's a '93 import with no cat, all car since '92 should have one,problem with emision test, solved by not doing one!
    secondly since last year garage has had new brake rollers installed to go with the new "super computer controled" mot due anytime now (actually 2 1/2 years ago!) 32" BFG MTs don't fit on them! solved by making sure brakes pulled up on road.
    the guy testing said this ok untill test machines are all linked up to DVLA computer then i could be in difficulties.
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Originally posted by openback
    just taken my truck for its mot, passed! but not without some small problems that could get worse AND affect others here.
    firstly my truck's a '93 import with no cat, all car since '92 should have one,problem with emision test, solved by not doing one!
    secondly since last year garage has had new brake rollers installed to go with the new "super computer controled" mot due anytime now (actually 2 1/2 years ago!) 32" BFG MTs don't fit on them! solved by making sure brakes pulled up on road.
    the guy testing said this ok untill test machines are all linked up to DVLA computer then i could be in difficulties.

I thought diesels didn't have 'cats' anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I thought diesels didn't have 'cats' anyway.
      not sure, thought some of newer one did, maybe not back to '92 though?

Comment

O.K. I withdraw my last statement, I found this.
        http://www.platinuminfo.net/app_env_cc.html

Comment

My old astra had a cat on and it was diesel - my mechanic said that some have them but you dont require one for an MOT on a diesel?
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Anything the garage can't test due to his equipment not being suitable, has to pass by default. Can't believe the brake rollers won't take a tyre 1" bigger than the most popular 4x4 tyre size in the world! He probably bought the budget small brake tester!

I'll take my truck with the TSL Boggers down there! 35" high by 16" wide.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

been going to the same garage for over 10 years, top guy,very sensible attitude to the mot,not afraid to fail me if the trucks unsafe but realistic about most things. but he sure struggled to try and get a reading on the rollers. when i say he checked the brakes on the road what i mean is i told him they worked! probably installed the government standard, we're going to ban 4x4's anyway size.
              told him i was getting new tyres and they weren't going to be smaller!

Comment

My previous car was a '92 Volvo 960. When the cat on that got knackered (attempting to off road it slightly ) the garage said that they could just remove it and fit a straight through pipe, and that cars of that age weren't required to have a cat. They were also an MOT station so should vaguely know what they're talking about. The car had no problems in that area on its next MOT (although just about everything else did).
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                X