yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you checked your air box since Langdale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you checked your air box since Langdale?

Last year my Surf flew through the emissions test. This year it was borderline. I dropped off my motor before catching the train to work at 6.30 AM and collected it at 6PM. I found out that the MOT station left it outside all day and didn't bother testing it until 4.30'ish, when it was stone cold. Not only that, but when I changed the air filter on Friday, a whole dune of sand came out of it. I was bashing the old filter on the wall for ages to see when it would stop coming out. That probably accounts for the increased fuel consumption, rough running, poor starting etc.

I know I was giving it some welly on the wet sections (they were all wet) but didn't dream it could be that bad. A snorkel is a definite consideration.

Anyway the old girl feels like she has had a proper tune-up now. The grins back
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 6 June 2005, 01:44.
    It's only a hobby!

Not noticed any problems with mine Phil but when I took the filter out to check after Langdale it had definately been wet. (I had changed it only days before we went).
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

same here...held back the air filter for a little while and decided to change it over after langdale although the old one looked fine still...even though the nose went under occassionally on the puddle section
      Gaz

Comment

have not checked mine yet but there is still the smell of burning mud coming from it when it is hot,ive hosed the radiator down and jet washed the underside,i guess i'll just have to live with it.While we are on the subject of langdale there is a meeting tomorrow to trying to stop the quest getting a new licence the greens and the locals say it is to noisey and killing off the wild life,that all i know about it as i just seen the tail end of the local news.Lets hope the keep it .
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin timney
          have not checked mine yet but there is still the smell of burning mud coming from it when it is hot,ive hosed the radiator down and jet washed the underside,i guess i'll just have to live with it.While we are on the subject of langdale there is a meeting tomorrow to trying to stop the quest getting a new licence the greens and the locals say it is to noisey and killing off the wild life,that all i know about it as i just seen the tail end of the local news.Lets hope the keep it .
          Colin
          Hi Colin
          Mine had the same wood burning smell for a few days after Langdale but then I had the new stainless exhaust system fitted and that cleared it completely so thats obviously where the smell was coming from.
          So the greens strike again I wonder what they do for entertainment (apart from bugging us) lets hope they don't win on this one.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

i'll give the exhaust a good jet wash see if that will do the trick.
            colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin timney
              i'll give the exhaust a good jet wash see if that will do the trick.
              colin
              Jet wash the outside only!!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X