Probably been asked before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably been asked before

I'm Looking to buy a gorgeous looking Surf, black L-reg, SSR-X 3.0 LTD, any advice on what to look out for, faults etc, they are asking £5595 for it, its good condition in my opinion, any info would be great!

Thanx in advance.

Nick.

Check that everything works back window etc. Also test the 4wd drive works when testing on tarmac only move in a straight line as you can damage the system. You should only use 4WD on loose surfaces.
    Also look out for the BIG GRIN on your face in the rear view mirror
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Torturerforfun
      I'm Looking to buy a gorgeous looking Surf, black L-reg, SSR-X 3.0 LTD, any advice on what to look out for, faults etc, they are asking £5595 for it, its good condition in my opinion, any info would be great!

Thanx in advance.

Nick.
      I am sure that you know the general things to look at, and it's good advice about the 4wd selection.

Also when you are driving, deselect the o/drive and see if the engine revs rise and also test out the ECT by selecting/deselecting. Check all windows and that the rear window works on the switch and with the key from the o/s.
      Have a good look underneath for bad oil leaks and check that the CV boots are all o.k.

Finally, try to chip the seller a few hundred quid, then you will have a BIG GRIN on yer face in the rear view mirror

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

HI

I have just paid £4995 for a 94 L SSR-V LTM green over silver it was up in the dealers for £5995 so make sure you get a good deal as i think 6k is top money even for a mint example.

Jay

Thanx in advance.

Nick.
        1994 3.0 SSR-V LTM Dark Green over Silver
        [url]www.sarahsflowers.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Thanx all for the advice, was thinking of getting an AA check done, I think it'll be worth it.

I was gonna offer about 5k for it, so its good to see they can be bargained with these dealers

Comment

Thanx all for the advice, was thinking of getting an AA check done, I think it'll be worth it.

I was gonna offer about 5k for it, so its good to see they can be bargained with these dealers
            I read somewhere that if you have a car check done by the aa/rac etc and something goes wrong with the car afterwards, that you have less rights than if you hadn't had the check done........ i suppose because the check should of revealed any faults.

Comment

The make and model surf you are after is exactly what i have. The only thing i would suggest is check all the normal stuff like the guys has suggested,but if your going to be paying that sort of money the body work should be really good.Black surfs look great but really show up any marks.Make sure they wash it and its dry before you look at it. A little bit of dirt on a black surf can hide a multitude (thats abig word) of sins.

All the best

Mike
              I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Working...
              X