surfs needed a bit of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfs needed a bit of advice

hi i brought my surf about 8 months ago as a family truck and for work(plumber) and i love it to bits but lately ive had a lot of black smoke out of my tail pipe its going in for a service next month and im doing a oil change and filtter tomorrow can any one tell me if theres anything i should worry about in particular.
    The surf is a k plate with no service history2.4 turbo diesel automatic

Originally posted by simon david wilkins
    hi i brought my surf about 8 months ago as a family truck and for work(plumber) and i love it to bits but lately ive had a lot of black smoke out of my tail pipe its going in for a service next month and im doing a oil change and filtter tomorrow can any one tell me if theres anything i should worry about in particular.
    The surf is a k plate with no service history2.4 turbo diesel automatic
    Had the same problem. Try getting the tank low on fuel, chuck in some injector cleaner and give it some stick. I also did the ERG mod and since then no more black smoke

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
      Had the same problem. Try getting the tank low on fuel, chuck in some injector cleaner and give it some stick. I also did the ERG mod and since then no more black smoke

Cheers, Nick

thanks for the advice Nick will try it out tomorrow can i just say how helpfull everyone is

cheers simon

Comment

Originally posted by simon david wilkins
        thanks for the advice Nick will try it out tomorrow can i just say how helpfull everyone is

cheers simon
        It might just need a realy good blast down a Motorway.
        I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
          It might just need a realy good blast down a Motorway.
          tried that didnt work one more question my surfs done 98.000 km do you think i need to worry about the head and how do you know when youve got a surf with rebuilt one

Comment

It could just need a new air filter but as said before get some injector cleaner
            put the whole bottle in about a quarter tank of diesel and give it a good run.

As for the head have a good read/search of the forum and you will find all the info you require.
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
              It could just need a new air filter but as said before get some injector cleaner
              put the whole bottle in about a quarter tank of diesel and give it a good run.

As for the head have a good read/search of the forum and you will find all the info you require.
              thanks for the adivce just getting worried about all the problems i keep hearing about the head. Also whens the meet as i would like to atend and meet other surfers.

simon

Comment

If it hasn't already been done you'll need to get the cambelt renewed very soon, as they are changed every 100,000Kms. Don't overlook it or it would be very expensive to repair all if it breaks.
                Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                  If it hasn't already been done you'll need to get the cambelt renewed very soon, as they are changed every 100,000Kms. Don't overlook it or it would be very expensive to repair all if it breaks.
                  what sort of price should i pay for a new cambelt fully fitted as its going in for a service next month and i dont want to get ripped of.Is there any way of telling that youve had a new belt put on with out any service history documentary thanks for the adivce
                  p.s
                  is there any meets soon near london

Comment

Working...
                  X