Embarassment....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarassment....

....tonight on the way home from work I had to get pulled out of a ditch by Shogun!

Here's what happened- I'm driving back along a single track lane, heavy rain, pretty grim and I pull onto the wide grass verge to let another car pass by. As I start to pull back onto the road there is an almighty crunch. I get out to see what I've hit- blow me, there's a little brick culvert wall 12" high hidden in the long grass! Worse still the Surf is now wedged on top of it- perched on the lower suspension arm. No problem says I- we'll just reverse off the way came. So, into reverse- nothing. Okay, time to engage 4WD and reverse off- still no movement. Getting worried now- time to try LOW RANGE. Slowly the Surf drags itself off the wall- only to slide sideways down into a concealed ditch! Bugger! Never mind should be able to just drive out of this with these huge, chunky mud tyres. Did it b*ll*cks! I think they just helped to dig those inevitable holes in the soft ditch mud much quicker.

Luckily the next passing vehicle was a Shogun. I was standing ready with my towing strop in the road and flagged him down. The Surf came out relativley easily thankfully. The leading seam on the lower suspension arm is a bit bent, but looks okay. I'll check it properly tommorow.

I'm just embarrased to get stuck in such a stupid place. Thanks to the passing fellow 4x4 owner though!

Nevillef

Glad you are ok

but

take 100 lines

"I must not get into a position where I need towing out by a S****N !"

Trev

Originally posted by laser_jock99
    ....tonight on the way home from work I had to get pulled out of a ditch by Shogun!

Here's what happened- I'm driving back along a single track lane, heavy rain, pretty grim and I pull onto the wide grass verge to let another car pass by. As I start to pull back onto the road there is an almighty crunch. I get out to see what I've hit- blow me, there's a little brick culvert wall 12" high hidden in the long grass! Worse still the Surf is now wedged on top of it- perched on the lower suspension arm. No problem says I- we'll just reverse off the way came. So, into reverse- nothing. Okay, time to engage 4WD and reverse off- still no movement. Getting worried now- time to try LOW RANGE. Slowly the Surf drags itself off the wall- only to slide sideways down into a concealed ditch! Bugger! Never mind should be able to just drive out of this with these huge, chunky mud tyres. Did it b*ll*cks! I think they just helped to dig those inevitable holes in the soft ditch mud much quicker.

Luckily the next passing vehicle was a Shogun. I was standing ready with my towing strop in the road and flagged him down. The Surf came out relativley easily thankfully. The leading seam on the lower suspension arm is a bit bent, but looks okay. I'll check it properly tommorow.

I'm just embarrased to get stuck in such a stupid place. Thanks to the passing fellow 4x4 owner though!

Nevillef
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

want my mobile number for next time?
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

A Shogun's not as bad as a Paj tho.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          A Shogun's not as bad as a Paj tho.
          erm in some cases a Paj IS a Shogun

Wanna make that a Frontera or even worse a Terios

Trev

Comment

I'd be more embarrased about telling everyone on here
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

So when is a Shogun not a Shogun?

Comment

could have been worse still, could have been my boring std surf!!!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

There's no such thing,.........is there??????

Comment

hell yes!
                    Attached Files
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      There's no such thing,.........is there??????
                      Even worse Mitsu Warrior

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        Even worse Mitsu Warrior

Trev

I know someone who bought one of those, the dealer has had it longer than he has 'cos of mechanical faults.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                          Even worse Mitsu Warrior

Trev
                          The Shogun guy was quite understanding really. I guess I don't mind too much as I pulled a Mercedes M Class 4x4 off a car boot car park recently- what goes around comes around!

Nevillef
                          Last edited by laser_jock99; 3 June 2005, 23:17.

Comment

I was once refused help to tow my Landy out in case the guy broke something on it and I sued him. He left me stranded in the ditch on my own in the dark....ooooohhhh scarey. Would have liked to break something on him.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                              I was once refused help to tow my Landy out in case the guy broke something on it and I sued him. He left me stranded in the ditch on my own in the dark....ooooohhhh scarey. Would have liked to break something on him.

Jacqueline
                              I notice (quite rightly) you didn't say gentleman, that behaviour is beyond the pail, leaving a lady stranded at night.

Trev

Comment

Working...
                              X