Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen Jack ?

Hi

I have just purchased a 3rd generation Surf and used your website as a good source of information, prior to my purchase. I have a 1996 (N) Surf 3.0TD Auto with just 25,000km on the clock (awaiting a BIMTA check to certify this)
    though condition is absolutely mint. Paid £7500 which was a !!!!!! bargain.

I am having trouble locating the Jack (can anyone tell me where this is hidden)

Thanks

PS I also know where there is another 96(N) Surf 3.0td for sale with 30k miles going for £8495 (autoplanet.co.uk)

USE THE SEARCH LUKE!....

it's under the o/s rear seat... lift the flap of carpet and you'll see it.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

would definately get them BIMTA checked... seem a little low!...

about a mid range price... see 3rd gen anywhere from 7-13 grand
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by beddoes
        Hi

I have just purchased a 3rd generation Surf and used your website as a good source of information, prior to my purchase. I have a 1996 (N) Surf 3.0TD Auto with just 25,000km on the clock (awaiting a BIMTA check to certify this)
        though condition is absolutely mint. Paid £7500 which was a !!!!!! bargain.

I am having trouble locating the Jack (can anyone tell me where this is hidden)

Thanks

PS I also know where there is another 96(N) Surf 3.0td for sale with 30k miles going for £8495 (autoplanet.co.uk)
        yes i had the same problem as you bud if you pull the rear seat on the drivers side and you should fine a bottle jack and wheel brace
        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

my jack and wheelbrace are still in Japan...had to go and buy a whole 4runner to get it back.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
            my jack and wheelbrace are still in Japan...had to go and buy a whole 4runner to get it back.
            Are you breaking the 4Runner . Anymore bits removed from it and you wont be able to sell it as a vehicle .

Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thank Jack for that !

Found it where you all said . Thanks guys. Just got my BIMTA |Certificate through confirming mileage as 15,000 miles. Yipee!!

Comment

Really?! I think you hold the record for the lowest mileage Surf yet! Especially a 1996 model. Mine was on 133000km 2 years ago when i got it, now on 167500km.
                I'm actually waiting for my BIMTA check to come back, should be tomorrow. Taken me 2 years to get round to it but nevermind....don't think its been clocked anyway. Famous last words....

Edit: I'm talking about the 3rd gen btw.......1st gen has got about 266700km on it.

Comment

I was a little wary when I bought it, though the garage that sold them was owned buy a Japanese company. They has about a dozen Surfs originally all 3rd generation , priced from £5999 up to £12495 for a V reg Intercooled Surf with 19,000 miles. I just checked their website today and they have now ALL been sold. The sales guy there said they'd chopped the prices to clear them all (I think mine was originally priced up at £9995).
                  I'm really chuffed with it it drives really well . I seem to be getting a bit of steering wheel wobble at about 80mph, i reckon it's probably the wheels out of balance.

Anyone know a good place to get band expanders from for the Radio (I'm geeting a bit fed up with listening to Radio 2 !.

Comment

Originally posted by beddoes
                    .....Anyone know a good place to get band expanders from for the Radio (I'm geeting a bit fed up with listening to Radio 2 !.
                    Have a search here on the forum for band expanders, you'll find that the vast majority of us have found that they are a waste of time and money. Better to ditch the stereo and get a proper UK spec one.

Also see here
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                    X