I spread the good word today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spread the good word today

Parked next to a very nice SSR-X at Tesco, shoreham today.
    On returning,I met the owner.
    We both agreed how very very cool the surf was and so on.
    There I plugged this site into the conversation,so hopefully another member of the Surf Forum on the way!

Kinda makes me proud to be a member.

Darren

Hi Darren

If its the one i keep seeing around Worthing I have been trying to give him a calling card for ages.Mind you there seems to be an ever increasing number of nice surfs on the roads around here at the moment.
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Yeah sure are some great surfs about.
      This one had chrome bumpers, first one like that I've seen.
      She said she would like to do a bit of off road, but her husband wasn't to keen to break it...I can understand that, suppose a bit of green lane is a bit more gentle than "Devils Pit"..But what do I know still off road virgin myself.

Everytime I pass a Surf in around the homestead, I always give a nod of respect to the driver, had a few nods back...and a few funny looks too!

Comment

I know what you mean. Im a dedicated waver and really get some funny looks.
        Im still a off road virgin too,my last surf was all ready to go just before xmas when a drunk driver ploughed into the back while she was parked outside.
        I still have a little to do with the surf i have now before i will take her off road ,but look forward to meeting you and more of the others next time out.

If you need a hand with anything on your motor ( Im no expert by and means but have got to know a bit about these motors from the great guys and gals on here) just give me a shout .

cheers

Mike
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Appreciate that Mike,
          Might try and pop along to a meet some time.
          If you ever fancy a beer and a chat, let us know.

Comment

I suppose I will have to drag you two "Virgins" along for a green lane run sometime.

Would you like to see another side of Sussex ?

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Sounds good to me Trev.

Comment

I carry a stock of the forum 'business cards' around with me, and give them out/put them under wipers whenever I get the chance. Had a good chat with a guy in Clapham (N. Yorks) a few weeks ago.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

i earoled a chap in warwick driving a yellow surf, thinking it was the one off here a while back... i am quite sure he thought i was mad...
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X