Rad Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad Cap

My original Rad cap is 0.9 bar, the replacement sent from Millners is marked 13lbs have they sent me the correct one.
    Last edited by AlanM6; 31 May 2005, 21:08.
    WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

If you gave milners the model of your surf when you ordered you should have the right one. Just give them a call to confirm they dont bite!!!!
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM6
      My original Rad cap is 9.0 bar, the replacement sent from Millners is marked 13lbs have they sent me the correct one.
      .9 bar = 13.05 psi

Neville

Comment

Its the decimal point

See Nevilles reply. NO WAY it says 9 bar It will be ZERO POINT NINE bar. which is 13 psi
        9 bar is 135 psi which would probably blow all your cooling system hoses, heater hoses etc etc apart.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
          See Nevilles reply. NO WAY it says 9 bar It will be ZERO POINT NINE bar. which is 13 psi
          9 bar is 135 psi which would probably blow all your cooling system hoses, heater hoses etc etc apart.

Bogus
          I missed that alltogether.I read it as 0.9 bar.

Neville

Comment

Whoops, my mistake, Any way job done now, radiator drained and flushed. New thermostat,coolant and rad cap. Now its wait and worry time. She has overheated 3 times over the past month and spewed out aprox 1ltr of water through the expansion bottle.
            Think i,ll carry Stevos number next to my Donor card..
            WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

If you are really lucky you can find a 1.1 Bar cap to fit, makes the system work much better if you have good hoses and joints, keeps the coolant from boiling much better than a 0.9 bar one.

Comment

Working...
              X