Going up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going up

Just a big cheers to Gav (tonka1) for the 2" body lift that my ol' truck is now proudly wearing. Looks !!!!!! marvellous. And all for a fraction of a shop bought kit too!

Now all I need is those springs and dampers..............Hurry up Tony! Oh and next time you stalk me at least flash yer lights!

BTW Top BBQ last night! Right old laugh.

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Getting there matey, but you could have given it a clean at least Dan!! I may have to give mine a lift now
    Last edited by Nick V; 30 May 2005, 22:00.
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Looks good- did you encounter any difficulties with the lift?

I did a similar lift a few weeks back. Yesterday, when offroading I found that Low Range was harder to select than normal. It could be jiggled into place but was much easy to shift into before.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
        Getting there matey, but you could have given it a clean at least Dan!!
        Danno clean his truck ???

More chance of the Pope turning to islam !

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          Looks good- did you encounter any difficulties with the lift?

I did a similar lift a few weeks back. Yesterday, when offroading I found that Low Range was harder to select than normal. It could be jiggled into place but was much easy to shift into before.

Nevillef
          After Jotto's 1 1/2 (?) body lift he had no low range 4x4 . We lifted the centre consol and found that a little die grinding was needed to the floor panel to allow the shift lever to travel forward to allow full engagement .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            After Jotto's 1 1/2 (?) body lift he had no low range 4x4 . We lifted the centre consol and found that a little die grinding was needed to the floor panel to allow the shift lever to travel forward to allow full engagement .
            I'll check for clearance at the weekend, thanks.

Nevillef

Comment

Piece of cake! I was surprised how easy it was, but I now have no low range, so I'll be out with the grinder next w/e. Worse bit was fabricating the bumber brackets, twice eh Gav! Lol!
              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

lift kit

''Just a big cheers to Gav (tonka1) for the 2" body lift that my ol' truck is now proudly wearing. Looks !!!!!! marvellous. And all for a fraction of a shop bought kit too!''

Hi there Danno,

Truck looks heaps better with the lift mate,I think it make's such a difference.

Wanna do mine,can you get the same kit for me??

I'm in Dublin and there's bugger all over here eh.

Any help wld be sweet.

Comment

So what is it that you actually used to do the lift then Dan/Gav? I can see a picture of it but what is it exactly?! Is this just a body lift via the 8 chassis bolts? I've been toying with the idea of the lifting the SDV...

Looks much better though Danno!!!
                  Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                  X