Manual Choke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Choke.

Anybody any ideas where i can buy quantities of manual chokes for switching from diesel to veg oil and back. Prefer this method if it will work. I, as some people probably know am making Fuel Cat kits for veg oil and apart from being cheaper, i think choke idea would be easier to fit. I am looking to sell whole kit including spare 20 ltr tank etc at under £200 if possible. This would mean you have everything you need to run on 100% veg oil even in winter.
    Although i would rather not go down the two tank route, i think if you only want to use veg oil, then thats the way you have to go.
    Any thoughts from the many budding geniuses out there would be greatfully appreciated.
    Happy Bank holiday to you all,
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

How about the valve that stops the flow of hot coolant to the heater matrix. maybe one of those would work.

p.s. the valve that has a coolant hose connected either side of it that's fixed to the bulhead in the engine bay.

Comment

A lot of the sites already selling conversion kits also sell the individual components, both solenoid and motorised valves. The motorised ones seem to be the ones to go for as many of the solenoid ones appear to have originated from gas conversions and do not always tolerate the heaver fluid well over long term use. Best option seems to be the 6 way motorised type. Sorry I can't point you to any sites directly, but lost most of my bookmarks a while back and have not really been searching this topic since.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
      X