surfs in spain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfs in spain?

Hi all - i'm thinking of buying a 3.0 td surf - seems better value than a defender and as I'm moving to Spain the air con might save my life. Some questions though - Are the cooling problems on the 2.4 found on the 3 litre? How about towing a 23 ft caravan? Is it easy to find/fit a towbar? Are there any surfs in Spain( Aragon/Catalunya/Barcelona) and garages to fix/service/replace cooked heads? My nightmare scenario is plunging off into the wilds of Northern Spain, cooking the head towing an unfeasibly large caravan and then being unable to get a replacement fitted.

Great site by the way - any help would be very much appreciated.

jim

Can only say that the Surf is the best tow vehicle I have had. Copes well with my twin axle Senator which is all of 22 ft long with a all up weight of 30 cwt (Can only work in old money) Had mine over 18 months with no signs of overheating even when towing in France. Spares are plentiful especially the consumerbles Exhaust, pads, ect. Keep it serviced and it will be totally reliable, never had a moments worry.
    Attached Files
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I agree with Malenibo that they tow really well. I towed a heavy four wheel trailer with a race car on from So'ton to Kent and back, and at times forgot I was even towing. I really could not notice the difference most of the time, and I had to keep checking the speedo cos it just did not slow me down - and I did want to keep below 70n mph of course!!!

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I just came back from the Costa Blanca. I saw absolutley loads of them! Quite a few UK registered too!

Spares and servicing will be no problem to find.
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reassurance - is 3 grand (three and a half at a push) for a 3 litre realistic? Where should I track down a tow bar and someone to fit it?
          So many questions--

Comment

for towbars definitely look at towequipe - they advertise on ebay too. loads of us have used them and they are very good, excellent customer service too.

not sure on prices at the mo but i think a few people recently have paid around 4k for 3litres (wish i could have waited)
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
            X