Advise needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tinks
    we are afraid that if he does say he will get it fixed then he will get a botched job done for us too. The car is lovely and we would like to keep it BUT only if it is repaired
    proper, not some botch job.
    I think we will end up going to court over this matter to be honest with you, he is not going to do the right thing and get it repaired or give us our money back.
    As I stated before this guy has told my partner to stop HASTLING him, maybe he thinks that we will just accept his offer of £200 and go away! I THINK NOT!!! We will go to court, and get this matter resolved, but we have to give him a chance to come good...but I wont hold my breath!
    (The latest thing is that the garage does not belong to him but by a guy who lives in Spain)

you keep to your guns m8..

good look with getting money back or repair witch ever way you go m8..

keep us all informed how you get on????

oh and welcome to the nut house m8.......
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

I certainly will keep you informed, if only to save someone else being ripped off!

Have a great weekend all of yas!
      Will try to enjoy ours but not quite the same camping on a push bike is it??

Comment

noticed on his site that most of the cars or even all of them were 2.4's looks like hes in for a bumpy ride if thats his attitude with his customers, another trader that dunt know the arse end of a car that hes selling.
        hope he visits here to learn a little and find some customer care techniques at the same time
        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          you keep to your guns m8..

good look with getting money back or repair witch ever way you go m8..

UPDATE, Still no joy off the garage, will probebly end up taking him to court.

Tinks

Comment

Just checked the doggy website and on the home page http://freshcars.co.uk There is a pic of a Jreg surf. This pic was taken by my daughter we we went through wales greenlaning. I have the origional and it was posted on this web just after the event. the motor belongs to a guy in devon (cant remember his name) but those on the run out led by landyV8 will remember it as it was 4" lifted with 33" rubber. They are now nicking pics to put on their website to enhance the surfs and aid their sales.
            Time i mailed them and hit them with some copyright laws lmao.
            Teach them to pi** around ith forum members.
            Last edited by Grimreeper; 1 June 2005, 21:41.
            BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
              Just checked the doggy website and on the home page http://freshcars.co.uk There is a pic of a Jreg surf. This pic was taken by my daughter we we went through wales greenlaning. I have the origional and it was posted on this web just after the event. the motor belongs to a guy in devon (cant remember his name) but those on the run out led by landyV8 will remember it as it was 4" lifted with 33" rubber. They are now nicking pics to put on their website to enhance the surfs and aid their sales.
              Now you would heap more bad news on that poor defenceless dealer who has to earn a meagre living would you ?

Oops wakes up - go take that rip off squealer to the cleaners

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

dont forget to forward a copy of all this to trading standards...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Just mailed them with an official sounding mail giving them the chance to remove the pic. After that its a registered letter where i can prove they've had it. I told them in the mail that if its not removed then i would be seeking full costs and damages he he he.....serves them right for trying to shaft 1 of our members.
                  BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Just mailed them with an official sounding mail giving them the chance to remove the pic. After that its a registered letter where i can prove they've had it. I told them in the mail that if its not removed then i would be seeking full costs and damages he he he.....serves them right for trying to shaft 1 of our members.
                    Way to go sir

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

and i'm quite sure the owner of that motor would like a word.. invasion of privacy.. data protection... list is erm ended..
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Didnt think of the data pro act or invasion of pri.....may be if i back track the posts i will find the owner and we can all put the squeeze on them. Ill remember them if/when i send a reg snail mail.
                        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

(Just mailed them with an official sounding mail giving them the chance to remove the pic. After that its a registered letter where i can prove they've had it.)

Good luck with the email. maybe they will respond to you but they have ignored 3 emails, 3 letters (one recorded) and numerouse phone calls. The next step is a letter of intent!

Tinks

Comment

Originally posted by Tinks
                            My Partner bought a Surf 2.4 on the 14th of may from a local garage. He used it basically once. On his way home on the motorway he broke down, it filled with steam and he had to pull over on the hard shoulder. He ended up being taken home by the break down services. His head has gone so he contacted the garage that he purchased it from. He has asked for his money back or for it to be repaired. They have said that they will gladly refund his money if he brings it back in the same condition as he recieved it, ie the head repaired. My partner has told him that this is unacceptable. The garage then offerd him £200 towards the cost of repair. The garage owner has told him to stop hasstling him over this matter as well. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot that he would accept this? I very much doubt it.
                            Can anyone tell us how much the repair would cost?

I just wish that we had found this site before deciding to buy one, at least that way we would have been aware of this problem regarding the heads etc.
                            Any advise would be more than welcome.

Many thanks
                            Tinks
                            We have been told by the trading standards that we need to get 2 or 3 estimates to put the Surf right, how the heck do we do that when we cant drive it to a garage?
                            He wont even answer the phone now and has never replied to any emails that we have sent him.

I just wish all this was resolved as it really is getting my partner down.

I hope nobody else has to put up with this sort of service!

Tinks

Comment

I noticed that as well as the pic looked very familiar.
                              TINKS give STEVO a ring he will answer your questions & give you a written quote for head replacement.
                              Last edited by marky; 2 June 2005, 10:07.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                              (")_(")

Comment

Those pics are now in the FORUM gallery as they have been moved by ADMIN
                                Welsh Greenlanes Oct 2004. On Page 5 of the pics is the one they are using
                                thumb_DSCN1403.JPG.
                                http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...4&page=5&pp=10

Possible names of the day are.
                                LandyV8 - Lewis & Beth
                                4 Runner - Pete
                                Computingfuture - Gareth
                                Strange Rover - Neil & Kay
                                Noisebod - Malcolm & Laura
                                Grimreeper - Jon
                                Smeg - Geoff
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by marky; 2 June 2005, 10:55.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                                X