Bearings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearings?

Our neighbours are borrowing the SDV at the moment as their car is off the road and they have tonight asked me about a squeeling which has confirmed my bearing suspicions. So, trusty milners catalogue in hand to order a new one... I've just found there is an inner and an outer bearing so now I'm confooosed as I don't know which one I need. Can anyone give Snoop yet another diagnose over tinternet without any pictures or a decent description LOL? it kind of goes sqeek squeek squeeeek.

.... not really, what I'm after is if anyone knows which one is one more likely to have gone then the other? The SDV is going for a spruce up next month so I want to get the parts in advance to have them fitted.

My neighbours have had the Surf for a week now and came round Sunday night to enquire where we bought it because they want one They say it is more economical then their old 1.6 golf was and one of them has back problems but says the Surf is the only car she has driven that when she gets out she is not in pain!

- BTW this is Snoop posing as Lottie!
    Off Roading Rules!! When's the next meet??

[IMG

You might want to do them both at the same time .If you get them from milners its about £25 for both and the seal.Its what i did why take a chance

Cheers

Mike
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Oh by the way !!!! Congratulations snoop ,a very nice way to propose.
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Cheers Mike - and err... Cheers!!!!!
        Off Roading Rules!! When's the next meet??

[IMG

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...552183129&rd=1
          dont no if its anygood
          Baner

Comment

You can normally grease and tighten front bearings, have a look before spending to much cash.

If the grease is err, grease looking, they should be OK, but if the rear seal is worn and the grease looks muddy, then change the bearings as its probably ground grit into the bearing faces.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              You can normally grease and tighten front bearings, have a look before spending to much cash.

If the grease is err, grease looking, they should be OK, but if the rear seal is worn and the grease looks muddy, then change the bearings as its probably ground grit into the bearing faces.
              Thanks Tony, it got very noisy on the Salisbury trip when muddy so it sounds from your description like the seal might have gone, but I'll get it checked first. I'll 'bear' all your advice in mind.... groan
              Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
              X