Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frying oil

Mo,

When you finish your brekky can I have the oil from the pan????
    My Surf's a beauty but needs a turbo!!!

1990 SSR Ltd 2.4

Comment

Is This Ok For 2.4 2nd Gen
      Also What Oil Veg Rape Virgin Or Corn?
      ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

OLIVE ?
        VEGETABLE OR MINERAL OILS ????
        Last edited by marky; 27 March 2004, 19:54.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke
          Is This Ok For 2.4 2nd Gen
          Also What Oil Veg Rape Virgin Or Corn?
          I reckon the 2.4 would run fine on a vegoil mix, I've read of several hilux's running vegoil in their 2.4's, but as with anything like this, you should check it out yourself first, try www.goatindustries.co.uk and http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751 to start you off.

Any type of vegoil can be used, just go for the cheapest.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            OLIVE ? What about Olive?
            VEGETABLE OR MINERAL OILS ????
            Vegtable oils only please, whilst mineral oils will burn in a diesel it is certainly not reccomended, not least from an environmental viewpoint, it will produce more harmfull emmisions than ordinary Diesel.
            Maurice

Comment

Just filled up on Lidl oil-saved about £4.50 on the equivelent in diesel for just over 3 gallons-took soooooooooooo long to fill up though-1 litre bottle at a time!

If I do want to make the TAX MAN fatter, how do I go about it??

Cheers

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sammy
                Just filled up on Lidl oil-saved about £4.50 on the equivelent in diesel for just over 3 gallons-took soooooooooooo long to fill up though-1 litre bottle at a time!

If I do want to make the TAX MAN fatter, how do I go about it??

Cheers

Sam
                Welcome to the Vegoil club

If you want to help the taxman, check out some of the uk based vegoil sites, try starting with http://www.goatindustries.co.uk/dutypayable.html and http://www.goatindustries.co.uk/fuel...istration.html
                A search on google should turn up some more detailed info for you.
                Maurice

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Been watchin the Veg trail for a while...well I tried it and it works a treat. I put tesco 3ltr@ £1.57 to see how it went. I only had a 1/4 tank of deisel left so I reckened it was on a 20/80 ratio mix. I also use Millers power boost addditive to keep things clean. I've got to say I need notice a slight difference in the sound of my engine after about 20 miles, it got deeper and less tinny sounding. As far as performance goes it's better but thats probably down to the power boost addidtive.
                  Today I've put 4ltrs (Aldi 47pence/litre)in with half a tank+boost.
                  It does seem alot smoother to me because the engine has been alittle noisy for a while even though I did the oil change a few weeks before.

Cheers guys

Up the vegoil club.........
                  3rd Gen 96' Blue N Silver 3.0ltr TD

Comment

I did have the promise of all the WVO from a large fast food outlet then fell out with the manager (you can choose yer friends but not yer son in law). Despite this I have been using up to 50% vegetable ghee ( Indian for cooking oil ) from a local Asian cash and carry @ 37p a litre in 25L cans. They are great. They ask if I have a trade card. I say no we are having a party.

I have heard (from the checkout girl at Quicksave) that they have been asked to call tha manager when people are buying large quantities of vegoil. Apparantly the managers have had a leaflet asking them to tip off HM Customs and Excise about regular bulk buyers of vegoil. They have also stopped stocking the 5L bottles.

The search for WVO continues.........
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Welcome aboard the VegOil Club Bobby, not too sure you need the additive, altough with veggie there is usually a slight power loss which your sdditive probably makes up for. Try it without and see what you think.
                      Don't forget, if you haven't changed your fuel filter recently it may be a good idea to do so soon as veggie has a bit of a reputation for lifting dirt and sludge from the bottom of your tank. See, even cleans your fuel system! Great stuff!
                      Play about with the ratio's that you wish to burn to see what your happiest with. I've recently gone as high as 75% veggie for the first time (normally50-66% summer, 20-50% in winter), no problems whatsoever, but I don't think I'll go any/much higher as I don't want to push it.
                      Maurice

Comment

Thanks Morr, glad to be aboard..
                        I guess the oil is doing a great job at cleaning things, the engine sounds great now. It sounds like some fixed it over night...lol

All I need now a field, some rapeseed flowers and a oil processing plant. ..........that one's for when I win the lottery

Cheers....Up The VegOil clan
                        3rd Gen 96' Blue N Silver 3.0ltr TD

Comment

Originally posted by winnybob
                          ..... the engine sounds great now. It sounds like some fixed it over night...lol

All I need now a field, some rapeseed flowers and a oil processing plant. ..........that one's for when I win the lottery

Veggie often makes the engines a little quieter and smoother, presumably due to its far greater lubrication properties compared to diesel

Field of rapeseed and processing plant... yea I've wished for the same too!
                          Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by winnybob
                            Thanks Morr, glad to be aboard..
                            I guess the oil is doing a great job at cleaning things, the engine sounds great now. It sounds like some fixed it over night...lol

Go for Sunflowers. Much prettier. High yield. Leave a few for the birds to feed on. Loads of stalk and stuff for the fuel burner and to make compost.
                            I like Sunflowers. They make me smile.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

i dont like the look of all those seeds, 'it goes through me'
                              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Vegoil ?

Please Explain In Laymans Terms.

Been reading the thread for ages and just want to make sure i understand BEFORE i commit to vegoil.

1, Once tank is about 2/3rds full pop in vegoil to top up to full and see how it goes ?

2, Change filter before this or after i start using it ?

3, If alls well move onto a 50 - 50 mix for summer months only ?

It all sounds really simple and maybe a bit to good to be true ( not being funny ) but i have only had my surf for 3 weeks and really like it A LOT so dont wanna kill it just yet ! Maybe a bit nervouse thats all i think. Is there any cases where vegoil has gone wrong or dont agree for what ever reason ?

Is there a difference using it in 2.4 to 3.0 derrrrr i know but if you dont ask you never know.

Thanks all
                                3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

Working...
                                X