yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for another Surf, however.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for another Surf, however.......

as I have the chance of getting my hands on a petrol auto model, I was wondering about the pros and cons of a petrol engine. (I know I could search the site, but I fancied posting again )

How reliable is the petrol engine - I have not read of any problems as yet - and what's it like with the auto box?

Not worried if I can't get this one, will go for another diesel, just not gonna go the dealer route this time and pay over the odds!

Can't wait to get my hands on another one, really wish I hadn't sold my last one

Cheers in advance,

Nick.
    "The force will be with you, always!"

The petrol motor is nice, a little more expensive to run obviously, but very similer MPG to a 2.4 if driven normally.

The only issue is a batch of crappy headgaskets, they often go and let water into the combustion chamber, look for coolant dripping from the exhaust or white smoke on start up. Most happen around 50,000miles, so higher milage motors normally are OK, but it could happen any time. My ex's V6 4Runner is pushing 120,000miles and runs fantastic, feels and sounds like a new engine still.

It hasn't got the torque of a 3.0TD, but more horsepower, but the Auto is OK, but they work nice with a Manual.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      The petrol motor is nice, a little more expensive to run obviously, but very similer MPG to a 2.4 if driven normally.

The only issue is a batch of crappy headgaskets, they often go and let water into the combustion chamber, look for coolant dripping from the exhaust or white smoke on start up. Most happen around 50,000miles, so higher milage motors normally are OK, but it could happen any time. My ex's V6 4Runner is pushing 120,000miles and runs fantastic, feels and sounds like a new engine still.

It hasn't got the torque of a 3.0TD, but more horsepower, but the Auto is OK, but they work nice with a Manual.
      Thanks Tony, at least this will give me peace of mind if I see a decent petrol one,

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
      X