Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

Hello

finally got my 3.0 SSR-X but she seems to have a slight oil leak, which isn't too much of a problem, except it's not making much of an impression on the new block-paved drive!!

Does anyone know if oil leakage is common and if so where from?

Thanks all

Originally posted by Glenny

finally got my 3.0 SSR-X but she seems to have a slight oil leak, which isn't too much of a problem, except it's not making much of an impression on the new block-paved drive!!

Does anyone know if oil leakage is common and if so where from?

Thanks all
    it could be coming from anywhere m8 you need to get on ya back and have a good look about could be coming from somet simple such as filter or could be somet more serious. where did you get it from? if you have any warranty?? you could take it back and let them sort it!!!!!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

As far as I know, surfs don't leak oil.
      Has you oil been changed recently/ if so it could be leaking from the drain plug/bolt because the fibre washer was'nt replace.

p.s. I know this 'cos I didnt replace mine the last time I changed oil!

Comment

If your Surf has just had an oil change check that the filter is tight and wipe around the base of the filter with a cloth. Because the Surf filter is upside down when it is changed the oil from the filter pours out and the base acts as a funnel which has a small pipe which channels the oil downover - check that the oil is not coming from this.
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Working...
        X