No announcement yet.

got some veg oil so going to give it ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just had a visit and it looks like im heading for the veg oil chop. they say that because i dont manufacture Bio-fuel but just pour it straight into my tank then i am a fuel substitute user which envokes the 47.1ppl tax totally miffed, why when we can use our cars with a fuel source readilly available that is cleaner and kinder to the enviroment, (something we get rammed down our throats every week in the news) we are penilised for it, oh i forgot its because they wouldnt be getting their pound of flesh. never mind i will just carry on same old and wait for the comfirmation letter
    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

no way, i thought they gave you the all clear?
      surely they cant just change thier minds?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        no way, i thought they gave you the all clear?
        surely they cant just change thier minds?
        They can if the law changes the definition.....

Philip's letter is interesting as it indicates HMC&R accept SVO (and presumably WVO) as BioDiesel, rather than a fuel substitute. Unfortunately, I doubt Philip will want anyone to use him to try to prove they should be able to do the same, in case they actually find they made an error in Phil's case.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          They can if the law changes the definition.....

Philip's letter is interesting as it indicates HMC&R accept SVO (and presumably WVO) as BioDiesel, rather than a fuel substitute. Unfortunately, I doubt Philip will want anyone to use him to try to prove they should be able to do the same, in case they actually find they made an error in Phil's case.

we shall wait and see when my letter comes back hopefully this week...
          too many pen pushers i say
          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
            If someone emails me copy of form ex103, as stupidly can't find mine, will tell you how to fill it in to get 27.1p duty not 47p. Also if been charged 47p it can be reversed. fuelcat@btconnect.com
            Philip
            can you send me a filled in copy philip please ta muchly
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

its not really a matter of the ester or the sulpher its the removal and purification of the Glycerol thats the main thing in all this and as i was using svo the Glycerol is not removed and envokes the higher duty yipppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee totally totally pi55ed off, this country really grips my 5hit..............

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                just had a visit and it looks like im heading for the veg oil chop. they say that because i dont manufacture Bio-fuel but just pour it straight into my tank then i am a fuel substitute user which envokes the 47.1ppl tax totally miffed, why when we can use our cars with a fuel source readilly available that is cleaner and kinder to the enviroment, (something we get rammed down our throats every week in the news) we are penilised for it, oh i forgot its because they wouldnt be getting their pound of flesh. never mind i will just carry on same old and wait for the comfirmation letter
                One of the letter I had said anything that stretches the use of the fuel i.e additives to diesel qualify for the higher rate of duty.

Just got my producer form today so I can run on SVO at last!
                Tim

Comment

good oh
                  well ive been running a few weeks now and to be fair beast seems to be running no different and runs and runs and runs

Comment

Veg Oil

Registered 09/05/05 and had first inspection by C & E on 15/06/05. No problems whatsoever and I pay them 27.1p per litre. Running the Surf at 33% veg oil and running perfect even though it smells like a chip shop.
                    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WORK FULLTIME

Comment

Originally posted by brian3315
                      Registered 09/05/05 and had first inspection by C & E on 15/06/05. No problems whatsoever and I pay them 27.1p per litre. Running the Surf at 33% veg oil and running perfect even though it smells like a chip shop.
                      what did they do/say/ask etc etc?
                      Tim

Comment

Working...
                      X