Dealer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Question

If I bought a 3ltr Surf back in December with 3 months warranty, and after 4/5 months and much spent on it, including a head, it is then suspected to have a cracked block and be worthless to me, as I cannot afford a new engine, can I say anything to the Dealer, or as it has passed the 3 months warranty am I stuffed? As it stands, the truck has cost me a little over 8k all in since I bought it, (including purchase price) and I have no car and cant even afford to get it moved from my dads. I dont want to moan at the dealer or give them any grief if I have no leg to stand on. If I don't have a case to moan, then at least I can stop worrying about it and try and get something else sorted. Cheers, Daz

Really sorry to hear about your problems, as in general they are the greatest cars going or in your case not.
    I am no expert, but as far as i know you have statury rights. Contact trading standards and ask them, how you stand.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

Did the head go within the initial 3 month period?

If you can link the cracked block to something that happened during the 3 months but was either mis-diagnosed or ignored by the dealer during that time then I think you have recourse...

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
        Did the head go within the initial 3 month period?

If you can link the cracked block to something that happened during the 3 months but was either mis-diagnosed or ignored by the dealer during that time then I think you have recourse...
        No , it seemed to go after the 3 month period, although there was never any overheating etc so I only noticed it after lookiing in the mirror and seeing fog from my truck! The only thing that happened from the day i got it was the fact that it was doing 13-14 to the gallon, but I never went back to the dealer as I thought it might just need a service/heavy right foot.

I have contacted Trading Standards to see where I stand, but they did say that I may have blown it by going somewhere else to get the head done, although the dealer asked me to take it to him, but as it was a fair distance, i daren't drive it that far!

Comment

Working...
        X