Bye Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye

bye surfers the trucks gone got fed up with the repair bills and head worries it had to go i have still have my split rim alloys with 31/10.05/15 a/t tyres with 12mm of tread on 4 with tyres one without + chrome nuts i may put them on ebay any offers anyone
    Attached Files

keep em and put them on a 3.0 no head worries then :P

Comment

I had a 2.4 and was in the same position, worst mistake I ever made!
      Before the 2.4 bandwagon pounces, just imagine having no transport and forking out nearly 2k in repair bills on a new head + turbo. I had it repaired and sold it, could not risk it again. Now have a 3ltr and have never looked back since!

Oh and I can sleep again at night!

Andy

Comment

sorry to here that but just to say my 2.4 still going strong. with old head
        surely if you spent all that money on the head and turbo you would have slept nights with a the 2.4 now too
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

I bought myself the 3ltr as I had heard of the head probs on the 2.4, but did me no good, unfurtunately I have to say goodbye to my surf as the head went, which cost me a fortune, now it's a suspected cracked block as i have the same problem and need to pay for work thats already been done, plus no wheels! Real shame as the truck is pretty mint, but am having to sell the truck as-is, losing loads!

Comment

i did my homework on these trucks and still thought i would stick with the 2.4 i enjoyed 11 months of surfing it only overheated the once after a 40 mile trip in the winter but with the warmer weather coming i did not want to tempt fate i did not want to pay £1500 to replace the head when anything else could pack up at any time with a 13 year old truck plus with the fuel price at 94p a litre it was time to cut my losses i have not ruled out having another in the future though

Comment

Working...
            X