1000L of liquid sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000L of liquid sunshine

After spillilng a load of veg oil down my decent jeans last night I have decided to order 1000L of V100 biofuel from biopower in plymouth.

Description of fuel

It costs 69.9p/L with all tax paid. So cheaper than buying oil from costco and paying tax on it yourself...

If anyone wants any to try I would be willing to sell it on at cost - or if anyone wants lots I could increase the order and reduce the delivery costs....

I am based just outside farnborough in hampshire.

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    After spillilng a load of veg oil down my decent jeans last night I have decided to order 1000L of V100 biofuel from biopower in plymouth.

Description of fuel

It costs 69.9p/L with all tax paid. So cheaper than buying oil from costco and paying tax on it yourself...

If anyone wants any to try I would be willing to sell it on at cost - or if anyone wants lots I could increase the order and reduce the delivery costs....

Chunky,

If you pass on any of that fuel it would make sense to give the new owner some sort of receipt showing that the tax is paid, and possibly a copy of your receipt.

Just thinking that, should they get stopped by a C&E dip test team, they will need to prove that they are legit.

Nice one though m8

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Good point!

Comment

Sounds like good stuff - I would be interested to know the size of the 1000L container and if you need any special kit to store and decant into your surf. I live about 60 miles from Plymouth so this could be a very good option for me.
        I see from their website that you can buy it direct from the pump on their forecourt at 74.9p..

Comment

Originally posted by humero
          Sounds like good stuff - I would be interested to know the size of the 1000L container and if you need any special kit to store and decant into your surf. I live about 60 miles from Plymouth so this could be a very good option for me.
          I see from their website that you can buy it direct from the pump on their forecourt at 74.9p..
          I would second that,would be interested in the size of the container. I live in Camberly so not a million miles away

Comment

one litre is 10cm on a side (and a litre of water weighs 1 kilogramme) so a thousand litres is 1 metre on a side. plus the container itself, of course...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

yeah - I think it comes in one of those IBC's - a pallet with a plastic container on the top 1m x 1m x1m....

Comment

I'm interested!

Originally posted by chunkymonkey

Description of fuel

I'm nr. Chelmsford , Essex and would be interested! Do i need to make any changes to me 30lt TD 93?

Comment

could this 1k L stuff be run 100% or is it the same 50/50 deal as with vegie?

Comment

can be run 100% according to the blurb! I will let you know once it arrives!

Comment

how much did the 1000 litre storage container cost?
                      Landcruiser Colorado
                      Sub. Forester

Comment

There are various container options available -

25L Cans - £3 ea
                        1000L IBC £50
                        200L Barrel - Free

I am going down there on 27th May to pick up as much weight as my trailer will carry....in the form of the 200L barrels.

Comment

Its here! Went for the barrels in the end - pics attached of the heat exchanger and one of the barrels... justin case you were wondering how much room 1000L takes up...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did you have to fit a heat exchanger or can you just buy the fuel and use it with no mods?

Comment

so what did the cost end up being with the exchanger too? Did you fit or did they sort it all out?

Would like to hear how you got on so far.
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X