I quit my job and going on hols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    I quit my job tonight and am flying to Cyprus to watch the rally tommorrow morning .
    I had an interview for a job a couple of weeks ago and had a verbal offer . Trouble is they are unable to get the paperwork signed off before we go on hols . A bit of a gamble , but I have had enough of the crowd I work for .
    Good luck Rick and enjoy your hols

Was in the same position last year, got made redundant in March, and went on holiday to Cyprus too Only downside for me was I had to sell the Surf - got another one now though , and my appendix burst in Cyprus Still, I landed another job when I got back, and best of all have another Surf.

Good luck again,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Hi Rick - Mrs Sumo here. My Rick has jacked two jobs in, both just a week or two before Christmas, and both times within days I found out I was pregnant!!

MR SUMO - PLEASE DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!,l you never know what might happen !!!!!!

It's ok dear at my age nothing is likely to happen.....now where's my complan and slippers.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Well thats it . I am now officially unemployed .

Got a few things to do whilst I decide for sure what I will do . Still been told I have the job at RBS (Direct Line) but still no paperwork to confirm , so I am now considering giving self employed a second go .Been speaking to a few people who seem to have some work for me , one wants me full time , but I want to leave that behind and be a bit more varied in my work .
        Got a clutch to do on a Sierra for a mate and may consider some other mechanical work if local Surfers need it . Don't worry Tony I won't take any work away from you as I do not have excess to a empty workshop to use .

Came home and saw a conviently placed Job mag on the kitchen worktop by the kettle , some kind of hint I assume .Well back to watching telly until I am thrown out the house on Monday by Tam to do some work somewhere .
        go to the cafe for tea then you wont see the job mag
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

i jacked my last job after an agument with the office bird over a tin of pilchards!... trouble is, she was shagging the boss so it wasn't good to upset her!... now i work just rount the corner and the park at night between our yard and our trailer park!... canoodling in his shogun!... always good to give than a flash so all the factory blokes can see them!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Good luck Rick, if all else fails set up as self employed an ye'll ne're work fer no bugger else agin. Septin acourse ta missus, but lets face it, no matter who the pay cheque is signed by, you are working to put bread on the family table. And thats the only reason worth working for.

Fish

PS. Have a damed good holiday and forget about work till you get home.
            Last edited by Fish; 11 June 2005, 00:06.
            If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
              you are working to put bread on the family table. And thats the only reason worth working for.
              D'uh!!!... what about beer tokens????
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X