Dumb Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question..

Ok - Dumb question for you, I just got my first surf and want to change the stereo - it is an Alpine double Din CDAW550J - as it doesn't work. I think it is the Jap original, the guy I bought the surf off said it never worked and couldn't be bothered to change it.
    Anyway, the dumb question is how do I get it out of the dash? I can't see any screws, holes, clips or anything. Secondly when I get a new stereo do I need adapter cables to go from stereo to Toyota surf plugs or just cut plugs off and hard wire it in?

No such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers, so here goes.

Getting the stereo out is quite an involved process that involves removing most of the bottom half of the dash.

Look here and here.

Yes, you will need a wiring adaptor. You can get them from this site, just look in the shop on the front page, or (heaven forbid) you can get them from Halfrauds.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Dont worry. Just follow the excellent advice on the links and you wont go far wrong, Replaced mine last weekend using the same advise..... 25 mins later. Job done...............easy peasy.
      Dont peck SH*T with the chickens when you can fly with the Eagles
      [COLOR=DarkOrange]Dont Peck SH$T with the Chickens when you can Fly with the Eagles[/COLOR]

Comment

Have a look at the link below - it should have all the info you need.

Takes a little while to load then save to your hard disk.

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

This may also seem a silly question but as the write ups are so good and everyone asks about it should it not go into the FAQ section?????

Comment

Have a look at the link below - it should have all the info you need.

Takes a little while to load then save to your hard disk.

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDoc.../PDF/869017.pdf

Those are the best pics and instructions i`ve seen on this subject,I wish someone had posted that link last week when i was swopping mine,most people dont tell you that you have to remove the glove box and the adjacent panel on the drivers side,Well done Silversurfer.

All my parts came from Ebay within 3 days,althought i have since found out the forum shop stocks the wireing adapter,(I think it cost 50p cheaper).Try to avoid Halfrauds if you can,I`d of had my stereo in 5 days sooner if it was`nt for them sending me on a wild goose chase!
            Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
            X