Vegoil as fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegoil as fuel

With the price of diesel going up all the time, I'm seriously considering getting a conversion kit so that I can use vegoil in my Surf.
    Does anyone know of any conclusive evidence that vegoil doesn't have any damaging effect on the engine over the long term?, is it ok to use a 50/50 mix without getting a conversion and can anyone recommend a good conversion kit?

Cheers.

Ant.

Originally posted by ant
    ......Does anyone know of any conclusive evidence that vegoil doesn't have any damaging effect on the engine over the long term?.....
    No

Originally posted by ant
    ....is it ok to use a 50/50 mix without getting a conversion ...
    There is plenty of information already on the forum as this has been discussed often, using the search feature should turn all the info you require.

Last edited by Morr; 11 May 2005, 16:39.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by ant
      With the price of diesel going up all the time, I'm seriously considering getting a conversion kit so that I can use vegoil in my Surf.
      Does anyone know of any conclusive evidence that vegoil doesn't have any damaging effect on the engine over the long term?, is it ok to use a 50/50 mix without getting a conversion and can anyone recommend a good conversion kit?

Cheers.

Ant.
      I would try the search facility (veg oil) this should answer all your questions without the forum going back over old ground.
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Morr

There is plenty of information already on the forum as this has been discussed often, using the search feature should turn all the info you require.
        I knew you were gonna say that!!!!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
          No

I tried the search facility usingthe two words, "veg oil." It worked. About a week ago I tried it and it said, "The words 'veg' and 'oil' are too short." Somebody must have fixed it after my whinge. We can now search EGR, ABS, EFI, ETC et al. Gooooody!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            I knew you were gonna say that!!!!
            I'd hate to disappoint anybody
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

radio 4 tonight had half an hour talking about growing fuel rather than digging it up... then spent their time talking about trials in america and possible uses of bio ethanol, rather than just telling people they can stick veggie oil in their diesels now.still i spose not many r4 listeners have drity old diesels, anyway...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                radio 4 tonight had half an hour talking about growing fuel rather than digging it up... then spent their time talking about trials in america and possible uses of bio ethanol, rather than just telling people they can stick veggie oil in their diesels now.still i spose not many r4 listeners have drity old diesels, anyway...
                I do. I wouldn't miss Womans Hour or The Archers for anything.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

They advertised that on the 6:00pm news, I sent em a message from their website about the Veg Oil solution.

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

and only 2 weeks till 'i'm sorry i havent a clue' returns! yay!!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

and only 2 weeks till 'i'm sorry i havent a clue' returns! yay!!

Whats that then? Prime ministers Questions?
                      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X