need right gvw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need right gvw

just tried to reg my 1998 ssr-g in ireland and its going to cost me 2000 euro instead of 50 euro if the gross weight of hilux surf is less than 2500kgs.
    it says net weight of surf 1870 kg and gross weight 2150 kg this cant be right as this would mean that i could not even carry 5 of me in the car not to mind anything else.its just 275 kg carry weight. have been tring to explain this to costoms but they dont care they just care about what it says on the paper work.
    need help badly.
    tried serching net for spec but no good so far.

please have some good news for me.

cheers

Originally posted by jet li
    just tried to reg my 1998 ssr-g in ireland and its going to cost me 2000 euro instead of 50 euro if the gross weight of hilux surf is less than 2500kgs.
    it says net weight of surf 1870 kg and gross weight 2150 kg this cant be right as this would mean that i could not even carry 5 of me in the car not to mind anything else.its just 275 kg carry weight. have been tring to explain this to costoms but they dont care they just care about what it says on the paper work.
    need help badly.

cheers
    Try a search on here for gross weight, payload etc
    but from memory I think
    NVM is 1950
    GVM 2560
    Giving a payload of 610kgs, far short of the pick up. Although the SUrf is based on the pick up chasis I think some people forget that the pick up has leaves and the surf coils.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

just change the paperwork

[/FONT]
      Originally posted by jet li
      need help badly.

cheers

Comment

My 3rd Gen has U.L.W. 1880 kg & D.G.V.W. 2515 Kg
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

MY 1st gen has an official looking sticker on the tailgate saying "funny japanese squggles, 350KG"

I guess thats the load capacity.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            MY 1st gen has an official looking sticker on the tailgate saying "funny japanese squggles, 350KG"

I wish mine said "funny japanese squiggles"
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Yup. Go look look at the B-pillar of my 1st gen on the passenger side by the seat belt. from memory it says 350kg payload but 200kg if fully loaded with passengers (i can read jap, honest).

Comment

Working...
              X